Skip navigation
Mokusatsu
Currently Being Moderated

Scroll speed on a touch screen

Feb 21, 2010 10:10 AM

Adobe Reader supports finger scrolling, where moving my fingers up a touch screen a bit scrolls the document up.

The problem is that the speed of the scrolling is far faster than the speed of the finger movement. As a result, it isn't very natural feeling and indeed sometimes it can be very difficult and fidgety if I just want to scroll a little bit.

I can't find any options in preferences to change this, nor have I found anything online.

I wouldn't want to mess with any generic windows touch settings as the finger scrolling feature works perfectly in other applications such as Firefox and Chrome (with a finger scrolling plugin installed).  In those applications, I can put my finger on a particular point in the document, drag my finger to the top of the screen, and that point in the document will now be at the top of the screen.

In Adobe reader, because of the faster scrolling, if I drag my finger up half a page I will usually advance a number of pages through the document.

How can this be fixed?  Is there a plugin?  A setting?  Some place at this site that I can formally request Adobe to implement scroll speed adjustment in the settings?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2010 10:04 AM   in reply to Mokusatsu

I too need to have this fixed.  I just bought a multi-touch capable laptop and the scrolling speed in Adobe Acrobat is ridiculous.

There is a work-around, where you drag the document to one side or the other and then scroll up/down and then it scrolls the same speed as your finger, however if you just drag your finger up/down, the speed of the scroll is about 3-4x what the speed of your finger is.  It's quite frustrating.  If anyone has a solution, please let me know!!

Also, i noticed above, it says that there are "1 "correct" answer  available (10 pts)" and "2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)"

...however there are no links to these  helpful/correct answers...  How can I find them?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2010 10:08 AM   in reply to slyng

Does anyone know how the heck to stop getting these emails.  Nothing solved

in 2 days, clicked the stop receiving function on the forum menu.  Adobe is

taking over the world like some bad, cheap horror flick.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to Mokusatsu

Did you ever figure this out because I can't seem to.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to Mokusatsu

I aslo experience the scroll speed issue when using touch.  It seems to be related to specific documents because some documents such as the one I create using a pdf printer scroll correctly.  The fast scrolling makes documents very difficult to navigate.  I plan to try some other readers to see if they have the same problem.  I use an ASUS slate with Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to SlateUser

I haven't had the problem with other readers and it appears to happen with documents that have a lot of pages. I've never had it happen for a document of 3 pages, for example. Or even when I extract some pages I still have the issue. Another thing I've noticed (at least in chrome, haven't tried other browsers), is when viewing the PDF in a browser I cant seem to scroll with my finger but can with my stylus. This makes me feel like Windows isn't registering the touch device properly. Not sure what's going on.

El jun 28, 2012, a las 5:04 p.m., SlateUser <forums@adobe.com> escribió:

Re: Scroll speed on a touch screen

created by SlateUser in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion

I aslo experience the scroll speed issue when using touch.  It seems to be related to specific documents because some documents such as the one I create using a pdf printer scroll correctly.  The fast scrolling makes documents very difficult to navigate.  I plan to try some other readers to see if they have the same problem.  I use an ASUS slate with Windows 7.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Scroll speed on a touch screen

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Scroll speed on a touch screen. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Reader by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points