Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Win7 and Photoshop CS2

Feb 23, 2010 1:02 PM

Everytime that I start photoshop CS2, I get this page to register the product. I have done this and it just keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2010 1:55 PM   in reply to forge21

If I remember correctly, least With Vista and should work on windows 7, if you turn off UAC and then answer the registration question as in don't show this again and hit OK then that should fix it.

I don't remeber the exact message that comes up on the registration window but you want to select don't show this again or something along that line.

Then turn UAC back on afterwards.

There is a manual way to do it but it is too long to write out so let us know if the above fixes it. If not then I will write it out.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to forge21

I think its time for a upgrade! w7 works with cs2? since when!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 8:15 PM   in reply to DL9921

Well it is working for him with only the silly pesky registration screen popping up. The registration screen is flaky and does this in CS2, CS3, CS4 on Vista and Windows 7. Not a big deal and easy to fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 7:50 AM   in reply to forge21

I just installed AI CS3 and noticed a "do not register option",I don't have PS CS2 anymore and can't say for sure if you can do the same thing there,but here's a screen shot that shows you where it is:

register.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 3:58 PM   in reply to forge21

I saw an oem version of Win 7 Ultimate on amazon.com "new from amazon" for $175.00, I am thinking about picking one up. I used it in several beta versions and it worked okay.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2010 8:26 PM   in reply to forge21

I just loaded CS2 on win7 I7 box. Runs OK. Browse command (Bridge) is broken, even after adding missing dlls. Says I have to have at least one Adobe product running. Duh! I am lauching it from CS2 you fools.???

Adobe dropped the ball on Win7, their software is crap. It would be one thing if the program cost $50 bucks, but when you are talking $600 and you can not support a product longer than a two versions, your company has a real problem. Besides even the new versions do operate on Win7 like they should.

Fuuny thing is, I loaded an old version Photoshop 5 on win7 and it works as good as it did back in the mid 90's. Much better than CS2. That will tell something about the software being developed at Adobe today.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2011 2:12 PM   in reply to 60broady60

Perhaps not so much about Adobe software development as about Adobe marketing development.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2011 9:01 PM   in reply to 60broady60
    function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

60broady60 wrote:

Adobe dropped the ball on Win7, their software is crap. It would be one thing if the program cost $50 bucks, but when you are talking $600 and you can not support a product longer than a two versions, your company has a real problem.

Huh?

Negative much?  Consider cutting down on caffeine or something.

Do you understand what UAC is and what it does? I suggest you go investigate that.

Adobe software runs just fine - even the old stuff - if you know what you're doing.  You said it yourself by way of an accidentally omitted word...

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

60broady60 wrote:

even the new versions do operate on Win7 like they should.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2011 6:10 AM   in reply to 60broady60

60broady60 wrote:

Adobe dropped the ball on Win7...

Meh. Win7 was developed by Microsoft, not Adobe. Adobe developed CS2 before Win7 was released. Your lack of logic makes you look really, really silly.

60broady60 wrote:

I just loaded CS2 on win7 I7 box. Runs OK. Browse command (Bridge) is broken, even after adding missing dlls. Says I have to have at least one Adobe product running. Duh! I am lauching it from CS2 you fools.???

I have CS2 running fine in Win7... including Bridge. I did not need to mess with missing DLLs. A cranky fellow like yourself might need these following tips:

Install to "C:\Progra~2\Adobe" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe"

Why?
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/325/325739.html
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331755.html

Run the installer and installed apps with admin permissions... or turn down UAC.

Enjoy. And welcome to the forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2011 11:43 AM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

I'm running CS2 in Windows 7. I just got a new machine at work, and our IT group did the re-install. They said the re-install went just fine, and it works great, except, some of my cursors went crazy. Mostly pointer tools. . The move tool, the crop tool, the slice tool, the healing brush tool, the clone stamp, the eraser tool, path selection tool, pen tool. The cursor should appear just like the icon and instead, I’m getting what appears to be three of them side by side but smaller and ghost like. When I try to load the tool presets there are none for those tools.

On edit... Noel helped me fix my problem. Answer's here. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/500/cpsid_50020.html

There was just one little caveat that the support page didn't mention. When you set the custom text size, just to the left of the "OK" button is a check box that says "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling". That box must be checked for the change to take effect in CS2, and with that, Photoshop CS2 runs like a champ in Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points