Hello, our problem is with Cyrillic. When we share a page with more than 1 text, Incopy adds the first few words of text (in our case is cyrillic) temps file becomes unlocked and two users may check out one text. Solving the problem for us is to share any text in the page separately with Latin letters only, which is quite uncomfortable. Is there a solution for this problem? Thank you!
p.s.Our versions are Indesign and Incopy CS5 last updated!
I reproduced the case with the Cyrillic characters in the ICML filename, and have logged the issue and submitted it for investigation by the ID Dev team.
Another way to avoid the issue is to use longer names for your INDD files that the ICML are assigned to. The algorithm for creating the ICML filename is based on the INDD file name + some number of the first characters from the story. If the filename is long enough, it will not pull from the story to generate the ICML file name. Experiment with the length needed, but try around 28 - 32.
I was testing the 30-day demo of InCopy to see if it would work for us and had the same problems. Here's the scenario.
InDesign and InCopy are 7.0.3.
Setup is all Mac (Mac Pros and MacBook Pros running 10.6.6 or 10.5.8.)
I was able to replicate this with ID and IC on local machine, but also across network on two servers (one OS 10.4.11 Server and one OS 10.6.6 server).
After testing for the better part of two days, it seems there is a great deal of variance in the time between a user checking out a story and other users being notified. Sometimes it's instantaneous, other times it can be minutes – 10, 20, 30 minutes. Obviously, the longer the delay, the greater the chance that multiple users will check out a particular story simultaneously. The lock files are there, but it seems that unless ID or IC recognize them first, a user can check out a story that's already been checked out.
Thanks for any help or news of a fix.
Sorry. Was just trying to determine if InCopy was right for us before buying 5 licenses. While trying the software, I ran into this serious technical problem and after Adobe support refused to help me over the phone, I stumbled upon the topic in this forum, which is only place I could find anyone talking about it. To my knowledge, nobody else stated they were having the problem with 7.0.3 so I figured I'd mention it. This is complex software and you're right, I'm sure Matt and his teammates are working hard on a solution.
We are currently working on this via two paths
1) The case where Cyrillic characters are used in the ICML filename.
2) A file specific, reproducible case thanks to @swappedsr.
It cannot hurt to have more data points to work on, so if you believe you have files that can reproduce the issue, please send them, along with the steps to reproduce. You can post them somehere, then send me a private message with the URL.