Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Not able to convert word file to PDF using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard

Feb 26, 2010 2:52 AM

Hi,

I am not able to convert word file to PDF using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard. When I try to convert, it starts the process and in between I am getting this prompt, as shown in figure below and the conversion process stops. The PDF is not created.

prompt.PNG

Note: The filename 'Acr85.doc' in the above prompt keeps changing and is random.

I tried clicking Yes, No and Cancel on the above prompt, but the conversion process just stops and PDF is not getting generated.

I am able to create PDFs from web pages. No issues with that. Not working only with Word.

Can someone help me with this.

Thanks,

Vinay Jaassiel Kankipati

Technical Writer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2010 7:12 AM   in reply to Vinay Kankipati

First, save your WORD file. That is typically why you are getting that message. The print to the Adobe PDF printer to see if you get the PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2010 9:33 PM   in reply to Vinay Kankipati

SInce the print worked, let us go to the next stage. Note that with AA9, there was a change in the way the next stage works. To get the bookmarks and such, you have to use the PDF Maker (create PDF selection in newer versions). Open your application and select your document. Then select the Adobe menu and select the create PDF button. You may want to check the preferences first. When reay, complete the create PDF button use. If that does not work, you may have to do a repair of Acrobat. What OS are you using? The OS may be the problem. Also, what subversion of Acrobat are you using. It is up to AA9.3 or later.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2010 10:14 PM   in reply to Vinay Kankipati

Hi Vinay,

Use the Ctrl + P(Print option) and change the printer option to "Adobe PDF" setting and save the PDF file you wont ask any popup menu.

Sudhakar

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2010 11:20 PM   in reply to Vinay Kankipati

In MSWord please changes the settings as "Adobe PDF" menu => "Change Conversion Settings" goto Tab Bookmark and clicks the option Convert Word Bookmarks. Now you convert the Doc to PDF you can achieve the Bookmark.

Hope this help you

Sudhakar

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points