Skip navigation
JimBeavers
Currently Being Moderated

e-mailable PDF form

Feb 26, 2010 3:57 PM

Help. I am trying to creat a fillable PDF form that can be given to others in our office who wish to send it by e-mail, let the form be filled out, and e-mailed back to the sender. I seem to missing something: I can make the form but can't seem to figure out how someone else (who does not have Acrobat Pro) can use the form. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2010 5:58 PM   in reply to JimBeavers

You havven't mentioned what version of Acrobat you are using but you need to enable the file for Reader users. It can be found under the Advanced menu. Depending on the version you have, it could say "enable usage rights for Adobe Reader or someting similar.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 7:36 PM   in reply to JimBeavers

In 9 Pro it's advanced>Extend features in Adobe Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2010 8:33 PM   in reply to JimBeavers

You can also e-mail the data (XML or FDF) back and import that into the form. For your local application, the full form should be fine and not have license issues. However, you will have to follow graffiti's directions. Be aware that you may have to deal with e-mail problems from Reader or Acrobat. If that happens, come back and we will try to help you work through it. Be aware that e-mail issues are a client issue, not a form issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points