Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp applies Conditional Build Tags

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody else had this problem?
It seems that RoboHelp (version 7) applied the Conditional Build Tag on its own to various topics. Is there anything I can do to prevent that in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

There's no way that I can think of that RH would apply the CBT to topics or text, it just cannot be done. Nobody else has reported it either. It is quite a deliberate action applying a CBT.

Are all the topics in one folder? Could you have applied the tag to the folder instead of the topic?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the welcome!

The topics were in various folders, so it couldn't have been a mistake. I just recently took over the project, but I don't think my predecessor tagged the topics because there's absolutely no reason why they should be excluded. It looks random.

I'll just keep an eye on my files for now and see if it happens again. If it does, then I can be sure it was RoboHelp ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Peter I'd have said there was no way these could just appear. Is there anyway you can contact your predecessort or speak to one of your peers to see what is going on. It must have been done for a reason, although maybe the reason is no longer valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

No you are not going crazy. I had the same thing happen to me.

I posted the issue a few weeks ago but barely got any response.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem (RoboHelp 9). RoboHelp attaches CBTs on its own throughout the project. When I go into a topic and "fix" it by removing the RoboHelp-generated CBTs and leave the ones that I attached, then save the topic and reopen it, yet more RH-generated CBTs are there. This behavior is now in a loop. Looking at the HTML I can't tell what is causing this - the instances change each time. So now I'm stuck with a project in which the conditional build setup is incorrect but I can't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem found in Rh8 but I haven't seen anyone report it with Rh9. For that reason I am inclined to think it is something local. Have you tried deleting the CPD file? Have you tried one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salladep has now posted the same issue at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5177045

This is puzzling as it was a known issue in Rh8 until fixed and, as above, until these posts no one else has hit the problem with 8 or 9.

pmacbean has not replied so I don't know if what was suggested worked. Try what I have suggested above and let us know whether or not it works.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH9 and this is happening to me. It stared with a new help project that was created in RH9. Projects originally created in RH8 and converted to RH9 do not have this issue. Yet. We use conditional tags to identify what appears into the online help and what appears in the PDF version.

It sounds like the CPD file keeps track of the contitional tags. Do I need to close RH before deleting the file? Will the CPD file rebuild?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandy987 – I’d make sure that you are all patched up in RH9 and test with the sample projects. You can delete the .cpd file outside of RH (with RH closed) or turn on the setting inside RH to clear U& rebuild it each time the project is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandy987 and @Jeff_Coatsworth: did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KathrynBine – wasn’t happening to me; the suggestion was to see if deleting the CPD file made any difference and to test the sample projects to see if it happens with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops--sorry Jeff! Have received a phone call in response to the bug #. Will report back regarding progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@KatharynBine You will see that earlier in the thread Jeff advised another poster to make sure they had applied all the patches. Have you done that?

This was a known problem fixed with the first patch.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh9/using_rh9.htm

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this problem now. See thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1462897 . What was the answer to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp