Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to turn an applied brush stroke into a full vector???

Mar 3, 2010 8:19 PM

Hi all,

I've just come up with a nice shape that looks great with a certain brush I have applied. When I go to resize the shape the applied brush does not hold its sizing constraints however.

Just wondering how I can turn those brush edges into a vector?

Any help would be great.

PS. I don't know why but for some reason when ever I am typing in the adobe forums and doing a post like this, for some reason every 3 or 4 senstences of typing my cursor moves two or three lines above the line that I am typing automatically!!! (and no I'm not accentically hitting enter or the return button, this is the only forum I have this sort of behaviour, I'm presuming its something to do with how this webpage has been created or something. I'm on a PC Vista Ultimate.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2010 8:40 PM   in reply to TF22Raptor2

In the generl preferences trn off Scale strokes and effects see if this is helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 10:09 PM   in reply to TF22Raptor2

I am a little confused by your reaction as if you chck scale stroke and effects the brush will scale with the path and if you turn it off it will not.

So either you have this wrong or I definitely do not understand your meaning.

So to make it clear if you check scale stroke and effects it will scale if you uncheck it they will not scale.

Here is a screen shot of what happens when you have it checked and you scale an object! Is this what you are seeing now that you have it checked.

Screen shot 2010-03-04 at 1.05.59 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 10:41 PM   in reply to TF22Raptor2

I understand you now you wanted it to scale proportionally to the vector object.

Yes then you have to have it checked.

Where are you frm may I ask?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 4:18 PM   in reply to TF22Raptor2

I was going one step at a time with this but if you use CS4 then you want to check out the Blob Brush which is a different tool in the Tool panel which draws like a photoshop brush kind of but leaves you a closed filled path instead of stroke path.

I am in NYC

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 7:48 PM   in reply to TF22Raptor2

TF22Raptor2 wrote:

PS. I don't know why but for some reason when ever I am typing in the adobe forums and doing a post like this, for some reason every 3 or 4 senstences of typing my cursor moves two or three lines above the line that I am typing automatically!!! (and no I'm not accentically hitting enter or the return button, this is the only forum I have this sort of behaviour, I'm presuming its something to do with how this webpage has been created or something. I'm on a PC Vista Ultimate.

It's a bug – something that's becoming increasingly commonplace with all Adobe software – in this Jiveware forum software. Not written by Adobe, in this case, but bought by them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points