• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Flash Player please!!!!!

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have Firefox v. 3.6.  As of two days ago, Flash quit working altogether. I don't know why, but it won't work, period. I ran the uninstaller.....rebooted...ran the adobe downloader. Nothing. I uninstalled Firefox, removing all my previous information with it, and reinstalled Firefox. Ran the adobe uninstaller again, rebooted, ran the downloader, rebooted, NOTHING!!!!

I ran the uninstaller one more time, rebooted, opened IE 8, ran the uninstaller from there, rebooted. Went back into IE 8, ran the downloader. It appeared to work, I closed out of IE, rebooted, opened FF, was prompted to install Adobe Flashplayer, that appeared to work. I rebooted once again, then reopened FF, went to several flash based sites, including youtube.com and hulu.com and was directed that my JavaScript was not enabled OR I need the newest version of Flash. After checking multiple times in both browsers, I am positive that JavaScript is in fact enabled, I even ran the tester at java.com.

Thinking perhaps this was a FF issue, I tried going to both youtube.com and hulu.com in IE 8 and still got the same message about Java or Flash . I am at my wits end here, and would love love love love some advice!!!!

I am running Windows XP 32-bit, have CA Security with a Firewall, have gone into the Firewall and allowed both Java and Flash, I am not getting anywhere here. This occured about 36 hours ago or so. Someone Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance!!!!!

P.S. I am not exactly a computer geek, but I am rather savvy in interpreting directions, so plain English would be great, but I do understand some geek speak

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you as dizzy as I am? Just reading your post did that for me:-)

Ok, I doubt if even you know, let alone me, what you have and don't have. Let's create a starting point.

XP, IE, FF, CA Security with a Firewall.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open the Flash folder and right click on every file listed>Properties and post back the file name and the version numbers.

Using IE, go to Tools>add ons and look at ALL add ons and find Shockwave Flash Object, I need to know what Flash???.ocx lists. The correct listing is Flash10e.ocx. Post back that info and it needs to be Enabled.

Using FF, go to Plug-ins and look for SWF, the correct version is 10.0.45.2 and needs to be Enabled. Post back that info.

If there is more than one listing for SWF, I need to know that also.

The CA Security version number is also needed.

Go to Programs and Features and post back all Java including version numbers. While you are there is there any listing

for DLM(download manager) or getPlus? Is Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX listed? Is the Adobe Flash Player 10 plug-in listed also?

All of the information is needed please.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2010 Mar 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying so quickly. Here is the information you asked for....

Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 version 10.0.32.18

NPSWF32_FlashUtil version 10.0.45.2

Flash10c.ocx version 10.0.32.18

flash.ocx version 6.0.79.0

IE add-ons: flash10x.oxc version 10.0.32.18, enabled.

FF plugins: Shockwave Flash 10.0.45.2 enabled

Shockwave for Director 11.5.6.606 enabled

CA Security version 3.2.1.22

Java 6 update 18

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is listed in programs and features, as is Adobe Flash Player Plugin.

There is no DLM or getPlus listed in programs/features.

-

eidnolb <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Hi, are you as dizzy as I am? Just reading your post did that for me:-)

Ok, I doubt if even you know, let alone me, what you have and don't have. Let's create a starting point.

XP, IE, FF, CA Security with a Firewall.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open the Flash folder and right click on every file listed>Properties and post back the file name and the version numbers.

Using IE, go to Tools>add ons and look at ALL add ons and find Shockwave Flash Object, I need to know what Flash???.ocx lists. The correct listing is Flash10e.ocx. Post back that info and it needs to be Enabled.

Using FF, go to Plug-ins and look for SWF, the correct version is 10.0.45.2 and needs to be Enabled. Post back that info.

If there is more than one listing for SWF, I need to know that also.

The CA Security version number is also needed.

Go to Programs and Features and post back all Java including version numbers. While you are there is there any listing

for DLM(download manager) or getPlus? Is Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX listed? Is the Adobe Flash Player 10 plug-in listed also?

All of the information is needed please.

Thanks,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well I went shopping today so I am just logging in:-)

Oh, you don't have to forward the previous post. Just reply to it unless?

Anyway, let me review what you have provided. Right off hand I see three different version of Flash Player.

And Flash Player files are missing.

The CA Security needs to be updated as that version is very old and I'm sure it is not even supported, in fact I don't think

CA version 2007 is.

I'll get back to you as soon as I review and decide what steps to take first.

In the meantime, is the JAVA 6 update 18 the only Java listed in Programs?

We are going to definitely do an Uninstall and Install of Flash Player and this will remove Flash Player from ALL browsers.

We will be disconnecting from the Internet so be sure to know how to disable your anti-virus and firewall. Not now, only when I give you the instructions.

Thanks

eidnolb

P.S. What time zone are you in? I am in the U.S. EST 9:00PM as I type this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, First, I am sure you know that to install ActiveX Controls and write to the Windows Registry you must be the Administrator.

Now first you will download the Adobe Unistaller from this link and put it on your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then download the Installer and you will SAVE it to your Desktop for Internet Explorer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Then download the Installer for Firefox and you will SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.e

Read over the Uninstall instructions as to what needs to be disabled regarding Flash

After that is done, then you will do the following and in the order listed.

1. Disconnect from the Internet

2. Disable your Anti-Virus/Spyware and Firewall

3. Check the system tray(the area where the clock is) and make sure nothing is running that uses Flash

4. Close ALL browsers and click on the Uninstaller from your Desktop and RUN it. When it is finished REBOOT(RESTART) your computer. Go to your Flash folder and if any of the old Flash10c.ocx, Flash helper 10.0.32.18 or Flash.ocx 6.0.79.0 is still there, run the Uninstaller again. Then Reboot and check the Flash folder again. If those files have been removed, then

click on the Installer that is for Internet Explorer on your Desktop and RUN, When finished Reboot ONCE.

Continued on the next post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Con't from previous post.

Now click on the Installer for Firefox that is on your Desktop and RUN. When it is finished, Reboot ONCE.

Now you will enable your Anti-Virus/Spyware and Firewall

Connect back to the Internet.

Using your IE browser:

Go to this test site: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about  Confirm that Flash Player is installed and version#

Using IE, check your add ons and look for the Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx and see that it is installed and enabled. It is Flash10e.ocx, if that is not listed, but different, I need to know that.

Using FF, go to plug-ins and confirm SWF is vs 10.0.45.2 and enabled.

Then go to the Flash Folder and post back all files listed with their version numbers. You'll have to right click on the NPSWF files as you did before to get the version numbers.

If you have any questions before you start, just ask. I want to be sure you understand everything. As long as you understand it all and take your time, you should be successful.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I'm having the same problem as Greenie and I tried this process but still can't get videos to play on youtube. I am using IE8 (not Firefox), and did not reinstall it but did all the other steps. Is there a different process for IE8 users? This problem started after I installed IE8, before that videos played fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, do me a favor and start a thread in your name and pick any subject line you like. Greenie might not want to be disturbed:-)

We'll see what your problem is. IE8 is just sort of different.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb wrote:

Then download the Installer and you will SAVE it to your Desktop for Internet Explorer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax .exe

Then download the Installer for Firefox and you will SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.e

This second link somehow got truncated; the correct download link is

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob, when I saw your post, my first thought was that I might have gotten the links mixed:-)

Thanks for fixing it. I was having problems tonight on losing posts and getting the message that I couldn't post a blank message(as if I ever do:-) Or you are not authorized to have this info or something like that.

greenie, be sure you use the complete link that was posted.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I am on EST as well, btw...currently 5:42 pm March 8th

I followed all of your steps and I am happy to report Flash is up and running!!! Thank you so much for your help, I was seriously considering a mental health evaluation! LMAO

I really appreciate it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi greenie, well I sort of figured you were either going thru all of those instructions or gave up!! Very happy to hear your

report of success

You are the second person today that made my day! I haven't said this lately, but when all of the ducks are in a row, then FP works just fine. The hard part is first finding out where all the ducks are and then getting them back in a row:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi greenie, Since you use XP, I just thot I would give you this link from Microsoft since they are ending support for certain

XP users that do not have the Service Pack 3 installed. There is a date certain. Also Vista info in the advisory.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/end-support-windows-xp-sp2-windows-vista-without-ser...

Also, I just noticed that you forgot to mark your thread as answered. It would be so much easier for other users to find

it if it was marked. Your thread has a lot of good information since IE8 and FF etc was discussed. 

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines