Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS4 and Win7--Will There Ever Be An Update?

Mar 8, 2010 1:21 PM

Since getting a new computer last November and having to use Windows 7 64 bit (which I hate), Dreamweaver CS4 will not show the properties at the bottom of the screen without it being cut off.  Many of the features that are needed cannot be accessed at all because they are hiding below a solid panel.

The Microsoft Win7 compatibility site mentioned some time ago that Adobe was working on a fix for this.  Where is it or is this going to be another Adobe fix that requires an upgrade which is usually the case?  Anyone else have this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2010 2:31 PM   in reply to William Boswell

See if this is the cause:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/446724

Ken Ford

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 3:44 PM   in reply to Ken Ford - Fordwebs, LLC

That's the cause but there's no solution. Just the workaround noted in that FAQ.

No update to CS4 is likely.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 5:17 PM   in reply to William Boswell

There are some problems on both sides.  Fireworks actually crashes on the Mac side with Snow Leopard if you exit the program.  I suspect that the fixes will be released will be worked into CS5 as that gets closer and there should be one more patch for CS4 because of their compatibility statements.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2010 4:31 PM   in reply to William Boswell

I feel your pain. I just recently aquired the entire Adobe suite and I had this exact problem. I'm running Windows 7. I found out last week that Adobe is bringing out CS5 and I'm wondering why they haven't bothered to remedy all the problems on CS4 running on Windows 7 platforms. I wouldn't have bothered buying CS4 had I known about this because CS4 is a piece of junk. It's been nothing but problems since I bought it about a month ago. It crashes my computer, Dreamweaver doesn't work properly, and God knows what else doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points