Skip navigation
sukuso
Currently Being Moderated

droplets don't work

Mar 11, 2010 2:41 AM

I use a new computer for a few months now and I re-created a number of droplets from photoshop cs4 to use them on this computer (old cum
puter was Windows XP, new computer is Windows 7).

On my new computer the droplets don't work, When I drop a file onto a droplet, Photoshop opens, and then nothing happens.
Browser: Microsoft IE
Operating System: Windows 7

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2010 3:28 AM   in reply to sukuso

They never really work on W7. That is a known issue and hinges on the security stuff. I keep forgetting these things, but somewhere I read some tips that get at least a part of them working, so maybe spend a few minutes consulting the mighty Google or whatever...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 1:26 PM   in reply to Mylenium

I was hoping for a better reply to the droplet issue. I also have W7 and Photoshop CS4 and cannot get a droplet to work. My actions work properly, but when I use a droplet, the only thing that happens is the Photoshop button blinks on the W7 bottom toolbar.

I am also not finding much out there about solutions to this issue on Adobe's site and Google.

Please post something here or link to another thread if someone has found a solution to this issue.

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 8:01 PM   in reply to rka7

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2010 7:44 PM   in reply to rka7

i have tried thjat method and the rename pref folde /create new user,reboot  and both do not work  i wish adobe would chime in on this issue. if cs5 is the same i will not buy it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2010 5:25 AM   in reply to hongbits

I realized that a few steps were missing from the full process. Check the posting out here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2809878#2809878 and try the steps again for your droplets.

It seems to be more of a Windows 7 issue than Adobe, but there should not be and issue to begin with between the OS and Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points