Skip navigation
kellynch
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave crashing

Mar 26, 2010 7:47 PM

Shockwave is causing Firefox, IE7 and Chrome to crash.  I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it still won't work.  No matter what type of video I want to watch, if it's powered by Shockwave, my browser will crash.  Any ideas?    

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2010 9:50 PM   in reply to kellynch

The Shockwave plugin doesn't commonly manage video. Are you sure you're not confusing it for the Flash Player?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2010 7:24 PM   in reply to kellynch

I have the same problem. I get a yellow/gold line that says "The following plug-in has crashed:shockwave Flash". It started a couple of weeks ago and happened rarely but yesterday and today it has crashed several times and I am tired of re-booting my computer just to get it to work for an hour or so.

I searched the internet and there are hundreds of people with this same problem. My Google Chrome (6.0.472.63) is up to date. On Firefox, it shows Shockwave Flash 10.1.82.76. Firefox has an update - Adobe DLM http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.xpi

This gave me a ZIP file With a file - install.rdf but I get a "Windows can't open this file" message. Can't get any of the other files to do anything either.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2010 7:34 PM   in reply to lmcat

OK - I just finished re-installing Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5.8.612. I had to close Firefox to do this and I just checked Chrome and that ugly white puzzle piece is staring at me again with the plug-in crash message so this is not a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 10:33 AM   in reply to kellynch

I have the same problem on Chrome with a Constant Shockwave crash while I am playing Facebook Games. I quick search on the net shows this is a growing problem. I would say it could of been a chrome problem but since you are having this with other browsers it has to be something with Shockwave. Has anyone tried going back to previous versions? I wanted to try this but first do a clean uninstall using Adobes uninstall program.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 2:51 AM   in reply to lmcat

"Shockwave Flash" is Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.  Try disabling Hardware Acceleration (Flash Player Settings).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2010 1:57 PM   in reply to kellynch

I have just started having the same problem a few minutes ago.I did a search on the internet and this seems to be a growing problem I also found this article about some problems with Adobehttp://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/adobe-under-attack-new-pdf-flash-ze ro-day/7598.I don't know when this problem will be fixed but if anyone has any alternatives please let me know.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2010 10:11 PM   in reply to LondaL2332

Why is everybody posting their Flash Player problems in the Shockwave Player forum?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2011 3:08 PM   in reply to kellynch

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM USING GOOGLE CHROME AND FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOWI AM FIRST GETTING A MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY PLUG-INS ARE UNRESPONSIVE AND THEN THAT MY SHOCKWAVE PLAYER CRASHED. I HAVE CHECKED AND EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE ALL THE LATEST VERSIONS.. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WHEN I GO TO PLAY GAMES,, I HAVE WINDOWS XP AND USE CHROME AND I WOULD JUST APPRIECATE AND HELP AT THIS POINT THANK YOU VERY MUCH JO

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2011 9:13 PM   in reply to jo hall

I have WIN7 and have the same problem. From what I understand Google is

aware of the problem and working on a fix. But I found crash messages from

over 1 year ago so they are not working very fast.

Try using Opera or Firefox and see if that helps. I love Google Chrome but

it appears that is where the problem is.

If I can't get the crashes to stop I will uninstall Chrome.

LaVerne

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to kellynch

Today, I got the message "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash" using the Google Chrome browser. It didn't show the graphics of the advert, that's all, no great crashing sounds etc. All was fine in Internet Explorer 9.

There is a fix in Chrome. See "theholidayferret" posting in http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0d782f19a7a1 a9ec&hl=en&fid=0d782f19a7a1a9ec00049e45a2cf030c&hltp=2

This fix worked for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points