• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help on creating an index

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an index with keywords and subkeywords using FlashHelpPro as my Primary Layout.

Issue #1

When I click on a keyword in the generated index, the Topic in which the keyword resides is displayed.

I was hoping that clicking on a keyword would jump to the keyword within the topic - am I doing something wrong?

Issue #2

When I click on a subkeyword, the location is not recognized, and the first topic is displayed by default.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keywords are not necessarily in the text of a topic as you can use any word as a keyword. For instance you might have a topic all about clothing and assign cotton as a keyword even though it is not in the topic. You are just wanting to point the user to a topic that might be relevant. That is why the link just opens the topic.

FlashHelp Pro is designed to run on a PC with RoboHelp Server installed. Is that the case here? If not, maybe that explains why sub-keywords are not working. I am doubtful of that but it is possible. Try FlashHelp (not Pro) and WebHelp to test.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp