• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing for this product has expired

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I came to my workspace and when starting FlashBuilder 4 Beta 2 (Plugin) it gave me the above mentioned error.

We have bought multiple licences and got the SN for the beta via the normal way. Now its not working anymore. Where can I send the bill for the next two hours of uninstalling/reinstalling/alinstalling hassle and frustration for working with this "product"?

regards,

Boese

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

I have the same issue and, for some strange reason, my apps that I've built in beta don't cleanly transfer over to 1.0. So I'm basically screwed.

You can however, change your systems clock back and launch beta without the expiration notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and, for some strange reason, my apps that I've built in beta don't cleanly transfer over to 1.0. So I'm basically screwed.

You can however, change your systems clock back and launch beta without the expiration notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an extended license for Flash Builder 4 beta 2 by virtue of owning Flex Builder 3, so I was a little shocked to be greeted by this message this morning.

See, this is the type of un-user-friendly things to avoid when making apps.  There is no other information available -- just the unhelpful "Licensing for this product has expired."  I didn't get an email from Adobe stating that this was going to happen and what to do as a result.

Guess I'll have to tell the boss to charge Adobe hourly while I Google for the answer all day until someone at Adobe wakes up and realizes "oh ****!  We hard-coded Flash Builder 4 to expire on April Fools Day and forgot to tell everyone!"

Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to myself.

I am assuming the Flash Builder 4 Beta has expired due to the fact that Flash Builder 4 is out of beta and is now shipping:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashbuilder/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More of the amazing unprofessionalism I've come to expect from Adobe. This is really how you handle you upgrade process? Is this a 'seamless' upgrade path?  I come to work and:

'Licensing for this product has expired."

Um, which product? I'm using Eclipse, which is plugin-based. I'm therefore running about fifty products. I figured it out when my Flash Builder perspective silently barfed. Would it have been too hard to create a message that said 'Your FlashBuilder license has expired. Click here to upgrade.'  ?

Further, would it have been so hard to make it simpler for me to upgrade? Why do I have to uninstall and then reinstall FlashBuilder? Every other program on my machine makes this easy.

Free products from 2-person software shops have smoother upgrade paths. In fact, I can't think of an upgrade path that is handled worse than this one. Basically, it amounts to silent failure - the user is left to figure everything out themselves. Really?? Is that the best that you can do with one of your flagship products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear your experiences and disappointment with Beta 2 build of  Flash Builder expiring.  The good news is that the shipping version of Flash Builder 4 went live about two weeks ago.  If you uninstall the Beta 2 build, you can then download and install the release version of Flash Builder.  it is available from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder

-Larry

p.s. Please be sure to uninstall any previous beta build and restart your system prior to installing the release version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Salut again!

I started using Flash from CS2 on. Did a lot of work with the beta's, thinking I could help removing bugs, made my manager buy licences for FlexBuilder, although getting it to work under Galileo was a heavy challenge, upgraded to FlashBuilder 4 after a polite informal dialog....

... and all I got was this lousy error message:

----------

Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.

----------

It seems we will be switching to FDT as it is far more superior concerning features, not as expensive, and one can get the newest version (4) for free (yes adobe, free, as in free beer!). They also had a "March Madness Deal"

p.s.: Thanks for the answer FredenFromSweden. It was definately the most correct answer of them all(I marked it as such) and it was the only one that kept my spirit up on April Fools day and gave me a laugh. I am still hoping it was a joke made by Adobe (except not funny) and when I get back to my workplace next week, everything will be fine again and there will be a well written apology email from Adobe in my mailbox... *waking up* Oh. wait. That was only a dream?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines