Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

11x17 tabloid does not print correctly

Apr 1, 2010 6:39 AM

I am using an HP Photosmart printer model 8550, my previous printer was an HP Photosmart 8750. That printer died and the 8550 is the newer model of the same printer. When trying to print an 11X17 document in tabloid, the page does not print correctly nor does it show in preview mode correctly. The page shifts to the upper left corner so that the left side and top of the document do not print. If you scale down the size you can get it to print the whole documentm but you cannot get it to use the whole 11x17 page. Anyone else with this problem and a solution? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2010 2:41 PM   in reply to Techmus

Which platform and which version of PM?

Have you tried creating a PDF and printing that?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2010 5:04 PM   in reply to Techmus

I am having a similar problem.  I have windows XL,

and a hp Deskjet 9800.  I have been using PM 6.5 ever since it came out.  I publish a newsletter using tabloid fold in half, under booklet.  So it is a really a 4 page document.  It has always done fine until this week.  It prints the copy in reduced format that would fit on a 8 1\2 x 11.  I have tried every setting possible, with no success.  Today I downloaded the trial 7.0 version, it does the same thing.  I went back and printed old versions that a 3 & 4 years old they won't print right now, either.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2010 7:36 PM   in reply to cudeii@aol.com

Have you checked that you have th

e last version of your printer driver? And do you re

ally want to publicize your email address? If the answer to my second que

stion is no, I would suggest that you change your screen name.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2010 3:58 AM   in reply to cudeii@aol.com

cudeii@aol.com wrote:

I am having a similar problem.  I have windows XL,

and a hp Deskjet 9800.  I have been using PM 6.5 ever since it came out.  I publish a newsletter using tabloid fold in half, under booklet.  So it is a really a 4 page document.  It has always done fine until this week.  It prints the copy in reduced format that would fit on a 8 1\2 x 11.  I have tried every setting possible, with no success.  Today I downloaded the trial 7.0 version, it does the same thing.  I went back and printed old versions that a 3 & 4 years old they won't print right now, either.

It's old software and new operating system/printer drivers. You are unlikely to get any help from Adobe or HP but you can try.

Create a PDF and print that as it's unlikely the DeskJet has PS mode.

BTW, booklet printing is far easier with ISO paper sizes.

Move on up to InDesign while you can still get a big discount with PM Licence number.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2010 3:38 PM   in reply to Techmus

You should be able to print 11"×17" without problem.

Make sure the Distiller printer is set up correctly.  (This ver 6 as I'm on an old laptop)

PDFPageSize.gif

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points