Skip navigation
adbjstinvnstvrn
Currently Being Moderated

Render & Export Taking too long!

Apr 5, 2010 6:46 AM

Hi,

I have been working with adobe premiere pro for a few weeks now.  Was previously a Final Cut user.

For some reason, it takes a really long time to render and export simple files.  For example, I have a 4-minute video clip, that has no titles added, no effects and nothing added in the timeline.  It is taking about 12 minutes to render this file...  This does not seem reasonable and I don't know if its an issue with my sequence settings or what...  What could it be?

Its just that in the past, the render would take like two minutes at most.  Please Help!!

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2010 7:16 AM   in reply to adbjstinvnstvrn

A steak on the barbeque does not take as long as a stew dish in the oven. So what are you preparing? What source material and what destination with what settings on what hardware under what OS with which version, to name a few questions.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2010 8:01 AM   in reply to adbjstinvnstvrn

Every pixel has to be recalculated with your workflow. That takes lots of time. The problem is that you start with 720 x 480 square pixels and export to 320 x 240. Try with a 320 x 240 preset for the sequence, so at least you avoid the cropping and recoding of every pixel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2010 12:11 PM   in reply to adbjstinvnstvrn

Your webcam will probably record with square pixels and the frame rate and resolution are what you set it to. Ideally your sequence setting matches exactly what was recorded. Maybe is was 15 fps, but check that in the manual of your webcam.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points