Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone know a trick to remove static from paper??

Apr 13, 2010 12:48 PM

Not an ID question but more of a printing question that has really created a nightmare at work today!!  Anyone know of any little tricks to remove static from glossy text paper so pages dont stick when printing?  When I opened up the paper packets, you could hear the cracking from the static bigtime.  I fanned all sides of the paper after putting into the printer and sheet are still sticking really bad!  Any thoughts??  Unfortunately just touching the paper like you would another person to get the shock out doesnt work :-(

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2010 12:56 PM   in reply to kellyjaye1

Static Guard

Spray the side of a ream and you're golden!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2010 1:23 PM   in reply to kellyjaye1

Sometimes the only fix is a good thorough fanning apart (which I would do before I put it in the printer) and to leave it out, mostly overnight seems to fix it here, but it depends on the weather and humidity.  When you fan it apart are you getting air all through the pile?  Very hard to explain what I mean in words!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2010 1:27 PM   in reply to kellyjaye1

I usually grab the ream and pull both sides in to meet each other, grip both ends tightly and then relax the ream and straighten it up, all the pages separate then and it makes it easier to fan them.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2010 1:47 PM   in reply to Eugene Tyson

Eugene's spent some time in the pressroom - a very concise explanation of how to handle paper.

If you've never done this before with gloss text weight, limit yourself to 1/2" lifts.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points