Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unordered list

Level 4

Is it possible for a textfield to have bulleted items (unordered list) in livecycle. The customer would like to be able to put bulleted statements in a textfield.

If so, can the list have multiple lines of text after each bullet.

example:

• text, text, text

text, text , text

• text
  • text

By the way, the customer will be filling in this information.

Thanks

8 Replies

Level 7

While unordered lists (bullet lists) are not supported, per se, you can certainly write code that will render bullet symbols, using unicode (which is supported).

Example:

\uFFEE

is the unicode for a circle (hollow) bullet.

\uFF65

is the unicode for a solid roumd bullet. This renders as a hollow square bullet on my customer's PC and so I use \uFFEE for bullets. It seems as though there can be system differences in how unicode is rendered--which ironically defeats one of its purposes.

So, having unordered lists (with bullets) is possible--if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and write the code that builds the string that Acrobat will render the same as an unordered list.

Stephen

Level 4

Thanks Stephen,

Is it possible for you to provide a sample?

Thanks

Level 7

I need more information from you--you haven't described how an unordered list is created in your form (or if it is just plain static).

If it is created from users input, on the fly, is it from multiple instances of a form field? like a reoccurring field, or a field from a reoccurring row in a table, or reoccurring subforms? If so, please describe enough to understand how it would work.

The reason is to determine if a looping script makes sense. If you always have 5 fields that end up always making 5 items (bullets) in an unordered list, that's one type of script. If you have an undetermined number of instances of a repeating field making the items in an unordered list, that's a different sort of script that would use a loop.

If it is not created from users input, on the fly, (i.e. its just plain static), that would use a script that doesn't reference any form objects.

Stephen

Level 4

The list would be created from user input, for example the customer may have one bulleted item or multiple bulleted items with multi-line text

e.g.

• Text

• Text, text, text, text, Text, text, text, text

Text, text, text, text

• Text

Thanks

Level 1

Did you find a solution to this? I am looking for the same thing, and have been unable to find an answer. Any help would be appreciated.