Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS4 trial

Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a place where i can still get a trial of cs4? I need it for a coupple of things and i can only find cs5 stuff on the website. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Well, I'm not going to recommend any shady sources of previous trial versions (which you can easily discover via a Google search), but if AI 12 (CS2) will do the job, you can still get the trial version from Adobe's FTP site. (I have no idea why v12 trial files are still available there.) If you don't have an FTP client program (and clicking on the link below doesn't work for you), just copy and paste the following into the address bar of your browser:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/illustrator/win/cs2/Illustrator_CS2_ue_TryOut.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means it is gone and Adobe no longer sells CS 4. After all why would they want you to try CS 4 when they no longer sell it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because i need illustrator to open some files but this is time sensitive and i dont know when cs5 will be released, otherwise belive me i would wait for cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You did not tell us the file format of the files you are trying to open.

If they are PDF compatible .ai files, you can just change the extension from .ai into .pdf to view them with Acrobat Reader or Pro.

If that is not the case, or you also need to change the files, you could download Inkscape and view/edit.

EDIT: Good read if you start using Inkscape, with an Illustrator background : http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_for_Adobe_Illustrator_users

I personally still prefer Illustrator.

Good luck and don't forget about Illustrator.

Robert

Message was edited by: ˉ˚°º•♪♫ Robert ♫♪•º°˚ˉ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are PDF compatible .ai files, you can just change the extension from .ai into .pdf to view them with Acrobat Reader or Pro.

It is entirely unnecessary to change filename extension. In either Adobe Reader or the Acrobat application, simply select File | Open, opt to view all file types, and select the .ai file you wish to view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed. But it is also pretty irritating to have to go to file open, if you can also just double click a file. By default .ai files are not opened by any app.

And I mentioned it under the assumption that he only wanted to view the files in Acrobat. EDIT: The other option is a better stop gap.

Even the file extension is an assumption because it is not not provided by the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will more than not likely need to edit them. It is a .ai file that i am trying to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the Illustrator version of the .ai files you need to open/edit? Please also tell us which operating system you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know the exact verison i would say cs 2 or 3 and im on windows xp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not going to recommend any shady sources of previous trial versions (which you can easily discover via a Google search), but if AI 12 (CS2) will do the job, you can still get the trial version from Adobe's FTP site. (I have no idea why v12 trial files are still available there.) If you don't have an FTP client program (and clicking on the link below doesn't work for you), just copy and paste the following into the address bar of your browser:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/illustrator/win/cs2/Illustrator_CS2_ue_TryOut.exe

I cannot guarantee this will work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloading it now, ill tell you how it works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harron K. Appleman wrote:

Well, I'm not going to recommend any shady sources of previous trial versions (which you can easily discover via a Google search),

LOL! You just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can take what I wrote as instructions on how to obtain files from a shady source, or you can take it as a warning that non-Adobe sources of trial versions and updates can be risky. I agree that if you've never used Google before, I might have opened up a can of worms for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is an illegal use of the trial version of Illustrator and posting the link was unwise, be aware, and this is more likely to happen on a windows machine, that these sites often alter the installer and install spyware on your computer and look for your credit card info and bank accounts.

There is no other reason for them to post it, they are not maintaining a site out of the kindness of their heart.

Most people who get stung probably don't admit it because they are wise asses and probably brag to their friends how they pulled a fast one…why?…because misery loves company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not notice that it comes from Adobe quite interesting. I would think that it is safe yes.

Funny that they still have this available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot from where I get my Adobe serial numbers : My Adobe serial numbers

The fact that those shady links show up in your Google search results means that you are looking for them ? Only shows what's going on in your mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader or Pro will do the job then.

Although I noticed that with some .ai files with embedded raster images (not all) you might end up looking at a completely white document in Acrobat.

It's up to you if you want to change the extension. Either change the extension, or make Acrobat the default program for .ai files.

Good luck with it.

EDIT: I'll leave you in the good hands of the pros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nat45928 wrote:

Is there a place where i can still get a trial of cs4? I need it for a coupple of things and i can only find cs5 stuff on the website. Thanks!

Go to Adobe -> Downloads -> Updates (links at the top). Select Illustrator from the drop down... You can download CS2 at least...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not. The link is broken.

Besides, system requirements have to be taken into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ˉ˚°º•♪♫ Robert ♫♪•º°˚ˉ wrote:

No it is not. The link is broken.

Yup... Gone now... was there when i posted the route/path... i remember i checked it... some fancy footwork on the Adobe side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you can't blame them though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that CS5 versioin will be released in Mid May and also you'll get free CS5 version.....(just read it in programming.advisestore.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it installed and working, sorry its been so long, things got a little hectic. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that you're all settled now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en&product=illustrator&tt=P_US_FP2_IL_CS4_MN&promoid=121DJGST_P_US_FP2_IL_CS4_MN

I got this link via a software vendor online.

-GCF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines