• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in flash builder 4? ( export air release build )

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one, I am working on a air application using flash builder 4. I tried to export an air release build and I chose my certificate and every thing seemed to be fine, but whrn I clicked on finish button, nothing happend!! I mean it did not do anything, no error message, nothing. after a lot of time I found out on of my images in assets folder starts with space. that was it!! flex 4 could not export the release build for that reason !!just make sure your file names do not start with space!!

Anyways I thought to post it here maybe it saves some time for someone.

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I've filed the bug on your behalf https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-26695. In the future, please do continue to use the forum and the bug database https://bugs.adobe.com/flex to report bugs if you have the time. Thanks.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue trying to export an air project:

Start to export the release then nothing append, no .air file generated, and the compiler asking me again and again to choose files to be exported.

The issue came from project-app.xml file containing leading space within tags.

For instance <systemChrome> none </systemChrome> must be change to <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>. (Note the spaces around "none").

The workspace log file might help in case of silent failure. flexWorkspace/.metedata/.log.

Mine was:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:477)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:944)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.doPackage(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:265)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.performFinish(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:105)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:752)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
     at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
     at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
     at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction$1.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:97)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:103)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
     at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
     at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:109)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
     at com.adobe.air.ADTOutputStream.addDescriptor(ADTOutputStream.java:233)
     at com.adobe.air.AIROutputStream.addDescriptor(AIROutputStream.java:63)
     at com.adobe.air.ADTPackager.addSpecialFiles(ADTPackager.java:80)
     at com.adobe.air.AIRPackager.addSpecialFiles(AIRPackager.java:156)
     at com.adobe.air.ADTPackager.createPackage(ADTPackager.java:44)
     at com.adobe.air.AIRPackager.createAIR(AIRPackager.java:120)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.apollo.export.AIRFileCreator.create(AIRFileCreator.java:200)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard$2.run(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:251)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
     ... 45 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at com.adobe.air.ADTOutputStream.addDescriptor(ADTOutputStream.java:233)
     at com.adobe.air.AIROutputStream.addDescriptor(AIROutputStream.java:63)
     at com.adobe.air.ADTPackager.addSpecialFiles(ADTPackager.java:80)
     at com.adobe.air.AIRPackager.addSpecialFiles(AIRPackager.java:156)
     at com.adobe.air.ADTPackager.createPackage(ADTPackager.java:44)
     at com.adobe.air.AIRPackager.createAIR(AIRPackager.java:120)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.apollo.export.AIRFileCreator.create(AIRFileCreator.java:200)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard$2.run(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:251)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:944)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.doPackage(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:265)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.performFinish(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:105)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:752)
     at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
     at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
     at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
     at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction$1.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:97)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:103)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
     at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
     at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
     at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
     at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:109)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem and I used an app.xml file generated from AIRLaunchpad (a couple of months ago), so I was really perplexed!

I carefully checked the Main-app.xml file for spaces, I looked at the log file, yet nothing went.  I cleaned the project, restarted, still no go.  Finally, I noticed the slash following the folder I had my icons in ("icons") were "\" (I'm on Windows), I replaced them with forward slashes, and then it compiled.  It's very odd because I still don't know if that was the problem, but it did ultimately work.

The log file did not give me any clue about this, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines