Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ProCoder 3 Plug-in for Premiere

Apr 28, 2010 1:06 PM

Any of you using the ProCoder 3 plug-in for Premiere?  Wondering if it works with CS4 or possibly CS5.

A little background;

the grass valley T2 iDDR accepts video files via flash drive/USB.  Anything but a Canopus HQ *.avi gets transcoded by the grass valley unit.  Even though I have the Canopus HQ codec installed, Premiere CS4 by itself will not export a file with a video track.  After Effects will encode in the Canopus HQ format but takes an hour to do a 3 minute video.  The trial copy of Edius I installed does the same encoding in 10 minutes, but I certainly don't want to be messing with that program on a regular basis.  I'm trying to save the extra step of first exporting an uncompressed 1920x1080 file from Premiere, importing it into Edius, then exporting it again in the HQ format.  The Premiere plug-in should do the trick if it's compatible.  I just can't find any reliable compatibility information.  I do have an email in to a grass valley/Canopus sales tech guy and wanted to check here in the forum as well.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2010 3:03 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

Canopus hasn't been actively developing plug-ins for Premiere for several versions.  But you can use the Debugmode FrameServer plug-in to feed an export into a transcoding app like ProCoder.

http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2010 3:05 PM   in reply to Zac Lam

Unfortunately, the frameserver doesn't work too well in CS4 (extremely slow) and I have a feeling it won't see a CS5 update soon or at all. Satish, the author, has mentioned on the support forums that he can't/won't develop a 64-bit version, so that is likely going to rule out it ever working in CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2010 8:11 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

Hi,

Whilst not ideal, I have been messing with the T2 for a while now - but am very very new to Premiere. I have been telling my clients to give me QT Animation files which the turbo imports just fine - though the files are big, there is no loss in quality after the turbo has converted.

feel free to e-mail me back if you want the spec's to render out to.

Darren

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2010 3:42 PM   in reply to Colin Brougham

Although FrameServer isn't yet compatible with CS5, the project is now open source:

http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/

So other developers could continue the port to CS5, even if Satish is tied up right now.  It's such a useful tool, hopefully it will be brought forward to CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2011 11:38 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3350918#3350918

Frameserwer for adobe premiere cs5 , 64-bit

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status