Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Saving editable text in forms

Apr 28, 2010 1:42 PM

Hi, I have just made my first PDF with an editable text field and was wondering how I can make the text field so others can enter text and save it Acrobat 9. I seem to be missing something.

Best, Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2010 1:05 AM   in reply to Steve_Nixon_ADP

Every user of Acrobat 9 can enter text and save. Where is the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2010 7:34 AM   in reply to Steve_Nixon_ADP

You need to enable the special features in the file for Reader users.

I'm not sure where it's found in the form designer  but in Acrobat, it's under the Advanced menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2010 9:23 AM   in reply to Steve_Nixon_ADP

Be very careful with this feature as there are limitations on it's use in the license. If you are having the form data submitted, then I do not think there is a problem. However, if you are having the form data submitted, then you need to read the appropriate section in the license carefully (basically a 500 use limit).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2010 2:34 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

Ah I didn't realise this before . I created a fillable pdf so that my roleplaying group could fill in their character sheets (because their writing is dreadful lol), I used the Acrobat Trial, which has now ran out & now I'm stuck with forms they can't save. Doh!

Is there any alternative solution? As much as I enjoyed the trial & it's functions, I don't have any other forms to create & it would be a waste of a few hundred £'s . Would anyone be willing to make them savable for me?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points