Skip navigation
Phil J Rose
Currently Being Moderated

Could Not initialize Photoshop because of a program error

Apr 28, 2010 4:05 PM

Hi, just bought CS3 and installed it. Entered SN no prob. Registered no prob. Start it up and it won't and says this with just an OK button. Restartedf machine. Same deal. Can anyone help? This is a Windows 7 machine with 6gb RAM. I tried removing all plugins to no avail. It gets past there on startup anyway but read that that might help somewhere (it didn't!)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Phil

PS I have CS2 already installed if that might be a problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2010 4:36 PM   in reply to Phil J Rose

Go to windows event viewer, dig thru it to look for a hit. The event viewer records everything and there will be a hit there and it will give you more details on what happened.

I was not aware that PS CS3 could still be purchased. I am hoping you purchased from a responsible dealer and didn't get screwed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2010 8:43 AM   in reply to Phil J Rose

In event viewer just expand each tree and look for anything Adobe. Look in the Application and Services Logs: Hardware events and also the Microsoft folder. Look at each entry and look for Adobe. Takes time.

Yes, having Adobe US English disk and having your computer set to British English (or vice versa) will cause problems. CS4 will not install.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points