Skip navigation
Tabb5
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 Tablet PC, pen pressure not working.

Apr 30, 2010 7:59 PM

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/Shokemn/photoshoppen.png

is what my settings for pen look like right now

but my issue is that theres no sensitivity every time i set it to "pen pressure" the little triangle pops up beside it saying I need a pen pressure sensitive tablet.

But I do have one, I have a tablet PC (laptop with a touchscreen) specifically its a HP Pavilion tx 2000.

What i'm hoping to have it look like:http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/Shokemn/photoshoppenafter.png

any help would be super appreciated i dont know what to do at this point.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2010 12:36 AM   in reply to Tabb5

But I do have one, I have a tablet PC

Pressure sensitivity is only supported for Wacom tablets, as it uses their code libraries.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2010 12:24 PM   in reply to Mylenium

That is incorrect.

Photoshop does not use any Wacom specific code and will support any tablet using the standard wintab interface.

(and we're still working with Microsoft to resolve issues around their new tablet API)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2010 4:31 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Any news on this subject? I have the same problem, no pen pressure in CS3. The preinstalled note software on my lenovo X201 (win7-64bit, CS3-32bit) works as well as the pen pressure test programme from lenovo - there pen pressure sensitivity works just fine.

Only in CS3 it doesn't. That still sounds like an Adobe software problem to me? I tried tabletpc drivers from wacom instead of the lenovo supplied drivers but then nothing worked anymore.

As the pen part of the X201, which I am using, is actually from Wacom, it is a bit annoying that it doesn't work.

Please find a solution....

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2010 2:06 PM   in reply to Cirian42

The solution would have to come from your tablet/laptop vendor.

Photoshop is working correctly, but will only see pressure sensitive tablets if the drivers work correctly.

Photoshop is working with many other tablet brands.

So all that is left is your system and your driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2010 1:31 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

But win7 recognises the tablet with pen sensitivity that's what confuses me.

I tried both wacom (tablet pc and bamboo drivers) and lenovo drivers, that did not help. I also tried Gimp and it did not recognise any directx input device - so no tablet either. Could it be that there is simply something wrong with the registry or the preferences? I don't really expect a driver update soon. The tablet seems to work but is just not properly registered or detected

I am still surprised that a penenabled wacom tablet pc from lenovo is not supported.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2010 7:49 AM   in reply to Cirian42

That still sounds like the driver has a problem -- it is showing some pen events, but not others.

Please contact your computer maker, and the tablet maker to see if they have some idea about why your driver would not be working correctly (and hopefully how to solve it).

If your tablet is made by Wacom, then they post driver updates pretty frequently..

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2011 2:08 PM   in reply to Tabb5

i have the same problem as tabb5. pressure sensitivity dont work in photoshop. tablet pc with wacom tablet (hp compaq tc4400, core2duo 2,33ghz, 2gb ram, windows xp tablet edition sp3, latest wacom drivers working correctly (identified as wacom pen, digitizer and penabled drivers). i use autodesk sketchbook pro, pen-pressure sensitivity is working there very well, great feature - but sketchbook is a bit limited sw, so i bought photoshop cs5cz - installation without problems, but pen-pressure sensitivity dont work, options are not available and if it happens to set some of them, it dont have any influence. small triangle warning appears near those settings (same as if i male those settings on a pc without any tablet).

somebody wrote here: "Photoshop is working correctly, but will only see pressure sensitive tablets if the drivers work correctly"

i dont think so  fresh installed drivers, all other programs work correctly and if they support pen-pressure sensibility, they use this feature without problems. photoshop dont, there are many tablet problems on the forums - sometimes solved by driver reinstallation, but often solved at all. i looked on settings, experimented a bit - but nothing helped.

does anybody have a solution for this problem? or at least some tips... because without pen-pressure a "toy" scketchbook sw  is of much greater value for me then the whole great photoshop...

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to henry 7722

People report time and again that COMPLETELY removing the old driver, then installing the latest, does good things for them.

Photoshop, being an advanced application, demands a lot of the components it works with.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2011 3:42 PM   in reply to henry 7722

well, in the end, driver replacement helped. just in a bit strange way..

i ignored the driver recommanded by computer manufacturer and downloaded the latest one from wacom (rc yet) dualtouch701-8, which is probably for much newer tablet-pcs then mine (2006 model, really no dual-touch nor any touch, just pen). installation added a bit newer pen driver (replaced 5,1,2600,2180 with 5.1.2600.5512 with the same release date july 2001) and added a virtual hid driver. and voila - pen-pressure sensitivity works!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points