Latest reply: Dov Isaacs, Jan 5, 2011 5:56 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2010 10:12 AM   in reply to amitzi

The log file with have a name like:

"Adobe Master Collection CS5 [date stamp].log.gz"

You will find this in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

The actual log file, which is just plain text, is compressed within this gzip file.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2010 10:14 AM   in reply to amitzi

It is the newer msi<something>.log... e.g. in here it is MSI766ff.LOG

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2010 2:05 PM   in reply to mcf139

After I changed the permissons in the registry from System to Administrator, I finally got past the Install Initializing screen and got the actual Install screen.  I put in the information it requested on each screen.  It then started calculating for the install.  The install now fails with the "Inconsistency in the installer database.  Please restart your computer and install again'  This is one messed up installer.  I have no idea where to go from here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2010 3:54 PM   in reply to acpeed

RacerX reported here the same problem as you, and got it working

I think I figured it out myself.

I had to delete the Media.DB file  under the commons/adobe/cabs  folder.

It is installing now. 

good luck

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2010 4:50 PM   in reply to Winston_Sa

That's if your installing from a download version.  I'm installing from DVD.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 3:35 AM   in reply to acpeed

acpeed -

The Media_db.db file that they are referring to is an Adobe installer database file put on the hard drive, regardless of the installation source.

You will find it in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

Based on the error you are getting, removing (or renaming) this file may help you; however, I would recommend removing the entire "caps" folder as well as the "Adobe PCD" folder in the same location.

If that does not help you, then please attach (or PM) your installer log so we can assist further.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:11 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Aw, c**p.  Now the initializing installer goes away and the installer window doesn't come up.  I'm going backwards here.

Where is the Adobe log file and what name is it?  Win7 x64 apps seem to live to spew logs files all over the place.

This is the most tormented install experience of my life. <sigh>

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 9:36 AM   in reply to acpeed

The log file with have a name like:

"Adobe Master Collection CS5 [date stamp].log.gz"

You will find this in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

The actual log file, which is just plain text, is compressed within this gzip file.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 10:42 AM   in reply to acpeed

Okay, some new fun.  I took out the following folders;

C:\Program Files\Adobe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Program  Files (x86)\Adobe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common  Files\Adobe

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

I rebooted then started the install by running setup.exe as Administrator.  It initialized, and about five minutes later the Install screen appeared.  I filled in the info it wanted.   Next the "Total Time Remaining: calculating screen came up.  I then had to leave for an hour.  Much to my surprise the install was running.  The screen says there is 1955 minutes left for the install.  Whoa!  That's 32 hours plus!!!!!

Like I said, this is a really messed up installer.  Whooop! Now the installer says 2328 minutes.  Scary.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 10:50 AM   in reply to acpeed

Hi,

I am having similar difficulties and error log messages trying to install an upgrade for CS5 Design Premium on Windows 7 x 64.

I probably should have posted my install log and other information here. But, here's the forum link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2794309#2794309

I would appreciate any help. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a faulty msi installer in the payload package, atleast for my failure to successfully install. I'm just not sure what to do next.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 1:29 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

saratogacoach -

Windows installer error 1935 can, unfortunately, mean a few different things. I have encountered it before because of an incomplete install of the software I was trying to install already existing on the system. Basically, the installer was trying to updated that software, found that it was there, but because it wasn't properly installed it failed with that error code.

Look for any items in the Programs And Features on your system that says "Microsoft Visual C++" and uninstall them. (If you get errors uninstalling, just note which item gave you the error, what the error was, and then continue uninstalling any other C++ runtimes.

Once you have any MS C++ runtimes removed, download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

(When you install this utility on Vista or Windows 7, you have to run the MSICUU2.exe file As Administrator by right-clicking on it and choosing Run As Administrator.)

Open the utility (shortcut should be in Start Menu) and look for any lines that for MS C++ runtimes. If you find one, or more, click on one at a time and pick Remove.

Then reboot the PC and try re-installing CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 2:00 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

screenshot1.jpg
    Hi Carey,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like I have about 15 MS Visual C++ redistributables on my machine, probably related to my having an Express version of SQL server, maybe other programs that depend on these? Not sure, but reluctant to start uninstalling them, since this may stop these programs from running.

Not sure what to do. Would very much like to get CS5 Design Premium upgrade installed, but not at the expense of losing other functionality.

I've been trying for the better part of 2 days to get CS5 installed without success. Tried about everything I could find or recommended by Adobe tech support.

CS4 Design Premium has installed flawlessly.

Hoping to hear back from Adobe support where my case was escalated. When I spoke with Adobe support a short time ago, the tech person said they will contact me when a possible solution is found.

Don't know what to do.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 2:51 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

I can understand your reluctance in wanting to remove those runtime libraries.

All of these libraries can be re-installed either by downloading them from the Microsoft website, or by re-installing the SQL server software that you mentioned. You would just not be able to use SQL server, assuming that it depends on those, while you get the problems with the installation of these runtimes sorted.

Also, to help you narrow down to the relevant ones, CS5 only installs version 8 and 9 of the VC runtimes, so those are the only ones that would be causing the 1935 error.

Basically, if the 1935 error means what I suspect it to mean, then one or more of these isn't installed correctly right now, which is why CS5 is failing to install.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 3:18 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Carey,

Definitely worth a try. Yes, I can reinstall later if needed. Maybe the x86 2010 and the x64 2010 will be backwards compatible, so I will only need to re-install these 2 later (using SQL Server 2008 Express edition).

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:16 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

Hi Carey,

Did everything suggested, but unfortunately, this did not result in a successful install of CS5. Same errors, same install log.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:21 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

Did you download the installation from the web?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:39 PM   in reply to amitzi

Hi Amitzi,

I have the upgrade DVD's for CS5 Design Premium, which is what I tried after following these suggestions, using CS5 Clean Script, running as admin. This did not work. I then tried the downloaded trial version for CS5. Same result. Neither installed. Same error messages. (after these 2 attempts to install, restored system to pre-removal of VC runtimes)

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:47 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

There should be new Clean Scripts available soon. What error messages are

you getting?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:54 PM   in reply to amitzi

Here's the link to my error log in this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/633671?tstart=0

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 5:28 PM   in reply to saratogacoach

Sometimes a reinstall of the OS is the best option. I'd go with Windows 7

64-bit

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 7:09 PM   in reply to acpeed

Well, after eight hours the install failed.  It only installed On

Location and SoundBooth.  I'll look at the log tomorrow.

I'm about ready to demand my money back.  This is looking to be a massively defective product.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 10:28 AM   in reply to acpeed

Here are some general suggestions:

First, most of these MSI related errors are going to happen even if you try to install just one product from your CS5 suite. So, while troubleshooting, just choose one application to install. If that fails, it will fail much more quickly than if you choose to try to install all of the applications. If you started with a failure, then make some changes and can get one app to install, you've probably found the right solution, and can then go back and install the remaining applications.

Second, make use of the following KB docs:

Troubleshooting installation - Adobe Creative Suite 5 products

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_cpsid_82827_en-us

This is a high level document, but contains links to two very useful documents:

General installation troubleshooting — Adobe Creative Suite 5  products

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_cpsid_82942_en-us

This contains some best practices like how to startup Vista/7 in a "clean boot" mode (MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135), check for admin priviledges, test the installation media, etc.

Troubleshoot install errors using Creative Suite install logs

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb400593_en-us

This contains information that helps to identify errors related to MSI components, which seem to be the root of all the failures reported on this thread.

If your log isn't helping you to identify a specific error which is documented in the Adobe support site, http://www.adobe.com/support , try searching the Microsoft support site for related issues, http://support.microsoft.com/

Many of the errors that are being reported, 1402, 1935, etc, are issues that affect installations from other software vendors, even Microsoft, so if you find a documented solution used for another software application, it may be valid for Adobe CS5 applications as well.

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 10:32 AM   in reply to amitzi

@amitzi,

The CS5 clean script is indeed available. Here's a link to the KB doc on it's usage, which includes a link to the page for downloading it:

Run — Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_cpsid_82947_en-us

Caveat, this tool is really designed to remove data and files from prelease versions of CS5 applications, or failed installations of CS5 applications. I don't expect it will be commonly relevant in the cases where the installations are failing due to MSI errors as most of the users here are experiencing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 10:37 AM   in reply to saratogacoach

For those finding Error 1935, or "An error occurred during the installation of assembly  component" in your log files, see my response to the log posted by saratogacoach here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2797473#2797473

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 4:02 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

Hi,

Thanks to all for their kind help. Having found some other OS errors on my computer, and inability to repair (long story related to replacing a hard drive that failed, difficulty with re-installing a "clean" Win 7 upgrade, instead having to upgrade in place from recovery disk restored Vista 64 first), I decided to buy a new Win 7 x 64 computer today. I'm in the process of setting it up and plan to try installing CS5 as one of the first software's I put on the machine to avoid any conflicts or problems. I think this should work. Will update.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

Seems weird but only After Effects from the CS5 master collection would not install on my machine.

Any reason for this?

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 16 warning(s)

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {288DB08D-0708-4A94-B055-55B99E39EB62}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {33A3F995-8333-4676-8D6F-AB7674BB52EA}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {565DE707-5798-4FC3-8DF6-0F58A348A9B0}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {5DDABB74-A879-4BE7-A4C6-FD41793942DB}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {694213D7-1E0E-4C8F-B822-E2E3680C0FCE}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {7816FDDE-40D4-482D-AD7D-97858985DB3E}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {AAE6F374-91CB-45FB-9282-4CFA0DED2088}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {B8D286BC-A68D-4E74-9F68-8756A49896D8}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {C0AA232E-BD1B-40B5-A176-A2BEB67FFAE1}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {CD29B5CA-4727-4114-9AD9-25CCCE6E4014}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {DE5DE662-2ECB-4D93-967B-221FBCC8A736}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {F319804F-E3A4-4C02-8AEC-CB39A4F6447E}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {F9C71630-0EE3-475C-9E2B-ED95AE197DBD}

WARNING: CreateAlias:Icon file does not exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2\windows\pb_app.icofile:\\\C:\PIXELB~1\source\winwood\Staging    0X1.CEA50BP-1022rea\windows\pb_app.ico42178f80493091e8e552c84a2897e9d a68fce32_32_f80493091e8e552c84a2897e9da68fce for icon C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Master Collection CS5\Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.lnk with target C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2\Pixel Bender Toolkit.exe

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe After Effects CS5_AdobeAfterEffects10en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe After Effects CS5: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

FATAL ERROR: Cannot create extract assets at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171 E}' from zip file 'C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Adobe CS5 Master Collection\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeAfterEffects10AllTrial\Assets1_1.zip'. Error 0

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 8:27 PM   in reply to jmarcuselias

Hi,

While I had some difficulties with installation, I finally figured out that for me it was a corrupt OS. Once I used a different computer with a good OS, it installed OK. I hope that other forum users can offer some solutions.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kind Regards,

saratogacoach

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2010 9:46 PM   in reply to jmarcuselias

jmarcuselias -

From the error, the installer could not extract the contens of the Assets1_1.zip file.

Go to C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Adobe CS5 Master Collection\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeAfterEffects10AllTrial\

Then open open up that ZIP file. I'm guessing you'll get an error, which would indicate that the file is corrupted.

If you do get an error, then do this:

1. Find the .7Z file (one of the two you downloaded for the trial).
    2. Open it in 7-Zip, WinRAR, or another archive utility that support the 7-zip format.
    3. Look in /Adobe After Effects CS5/payloads/AdobeAfterEffects10AllTrial/ for the same file.
    4. Extract this one file (Assets1_1.zip) to C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Adobe CS5 Master Collection\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeAfterEffects10AllTrial\, overwriting the corrupted one.(If for some reason you get an error when you try to extract this file  from the .7Z file, then that would mean that your download did not  complete correctly, and you'd need to re-download it.)
    5. Install After Effects again.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 7:16 AM   in reply to acpeed

I wiped my workstation and reinstalled Win7 Pro x64, then just ran Windows Update until it was done, then ran the CS5 setup.exe as Administrator.  After the Installer Intializing screen goes away - NOTHING.  A clean install doesn't fix the problem.  The problem is on Adobe's end, not the user end.

I did finally a notice something.  The DVDs are DUAL LAYER.  That was a massively stupid idea on Adobe's part.  In my day job doing IT, we've found we can't trust drives to read or write dual-layer reliably.  No wonder the only install I got to run ran eight hours before it failed.

I'm going to try and copy the disks to my D: and try to run them from there.  We'll see what happens.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 11:33 AM   in reply to acpeed

Joy!  I got my CS5 Master Collection installed!!!!!

This is what worked for my setup.

It looks to be a combination of bad ideas from Adobe.  They wrote a very sloppy installer.  They may have used a version of Visual C++ that has issues with any older installed versions and didn't write a proper routine to upgrade any previously installed versions.  They also used double-layered DVD disks, and either the disks are of marginal quality and/or they didn't test them on enough drives.

I reasoned that maybe if I copied the files to a hard drive and ran the install from there, it might work.    I had to try three systems before I found one that had a DVD drive that could read the disks without having read errors.  I then copied off the two disks to individual folders on a portable drive.  I then connected the portable drive to my workstation and copied the folders to the D: drive on that PC.  After a few false starts, I found that I had to copy the files from the Disk 2 Payload folder and paste them into the Disk 1 Payload folder since their installer doesn't let you browse for the disk when it asks for Disk 2 (Another dumb idea, people.).  There were about 129 files it said were duplicates, so I told Win7 copy to skip them.  They were mostly .xml files and it turns out they didn't matter.   I then ran setup.exe as Administrator and it installed in less than an hour!  Mind, you this was on a new, clean install on Win7 Pro x64.

Now I have to reinstall all my other apps.  @#$%^&*!!!!!!  At least the frustration is over for me......

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 11:38 AM   in reply to acpeed

Just know for next time that Macs usually read DVDs where PCs fail due to

their superior engineering.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 11:43 AM   in reply to amitzi

Sorry, but that is a load of total BS!

Apple sources their DVD drives from the same places that PC manufacturers source theirs. There is absolutely no difference in the drives and no so-called "superior engineering" involved. The last I checked, Apple uses the same off-the-shelf Matsushita (Panasonic) drives as are used by PC manufacturers. If you like you Mac, fine. But please don't troll with "fan boy" tactics.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 11:45 AM   in reply to amitzi

LOL!  It was my MacBook Pro that I read the disks on!

I have ProductionStudio CS4 on my Mac, but I could only afford to buy one upgrade right now, and I needed CS5 for work I'm doing on my Dual-Xeon, 8GB workstation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 11:49 AM   in reply to Dov Isaacs

Actually, I never owned a Mac and i hate the MacOS UI. I am also a Microsoft

specialist (or at least were) so you could say I was a Windows fan. But it

has been known to read DVDs an CDs that PCs couldn't.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 1:32 PM   in reply to Kboelsen

After several hours talking to level 1 Adobe "Support", opening a ticket (no response so far after 2 days), and after trying everything in this thread, I still cannot install CS5 Production Premium.  I have 2 quad core processors on Win 7 64bit and 20 GB RAM.  I have tried installing logged in as Administrator and Run as Administrator.  My anti-virus was disabled during the install attempts.  This is the CS fourth version I've purchased, and the only one with install problems.  I've been a loyal Adobe customer.  This time, I think Adobe released this software before it was thoroughly tested.  I paid a lot of money for something that is utterly useless.  It does Adobe no favor to have such a grand Launch when the product has so many installation issues.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 1:55 PM   in reply to Films4U

Please attach your installation log file, or use this document to identify the root cause by analysing your log file:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400593.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 2:02 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

The latest log file is attached.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 2:36 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

Matthew:

Apparently attachments have been disabled. What is the alternative?

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 2:55 PM   in reply to Steve Cohen

The alternative is to paste into the post here the summary from the end. Also, search the log for "return value 3" and if you find any instances, copy it and the 4 or 5 lines of text above it, and include those also.

Matt

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 3:33 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

Here is what I found:

Message type: 0, Argument: 1033

Message type: 1, Argument: Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86

Action 13:13:07: ProcessComponents. Updating component registration

Action 13:13:07: RemoveODBC. Removing ODBC components

Action 13:13:07: InstallFiles. Copying new files

Error 1402.Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\1FA18F7974E099CD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8\A752DC3423F4EDB4B 9D3416E1EC03870.   Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Action ended 13:13:07: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

It looks like I do not have the ability to access the registry key, but I have Full Control as an Administrator and I ran the install as an Administrator.  I knew there was a problem with the Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86 since in the many times I've tried the install, it always gets stuck there.  I've tried the install so many times, I can almost input the serial number from memory. 

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points