Skip navigation
jmannphoto
Currently Being Moderated

No pictures will load- Android 2.1

May 2, 2010 8:36 AM

I have a droid incredible running 2.1.

When I open PS mobile is gives me the following message.  No images found on your phone. Take some pictures with your camera and they'll show up here. ( I do have the "show camera photos only in phone view unchecked"

I do have pictures in my pictures folder on the phone and I have taken multiple photo's, how do I get them to show up in PS mobile?

Is there a search function?

Please help.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2010 12:02 AM   in reply to jmannphoto

Hi,

There is no search function in PS Mobile App. Are you trying to view the images when it is connected to USB? If yes, then select None from USB connection menu to view the images in the Application.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2010 9:22 AM   in reply to divinayy

I have the same issue on my Droid Incredible.  I am not connected to the USB.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2010 10:30 AM   in reply to jmannphoto

Same issue.

I downloaded some other photos, they saved to the SD card and Photoshop.com finds them... So it's not looking on the device.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2010 10:52 AM   in reply to MicahBurke

Android 2.1 (at least on the Incredible) stores camera captured images to \EMMC\DCIM\ on the phone. Photoshop.com either doesn't have permission to access that area or it doesn't know to look there. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2010 11:41 AM   in reply to jmannphoto

So what I did was to get an explorer app Astro and drill to the emmc/DCIM directory and copy them to a new directory on the SD Card called images.

Now Photoshop.com can access them. Other than that, the Photoshop.com app needs an update.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 8:31 PM   in reply to MicahBurke

Thanks for sharing the feedback. We have passed this information to the developers and are pursuing a fix.

Thanks,

Smriti

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 8:43 PM   in reply to jmannphoto

For the HTC Incdredible, I have found that there is a camera setting that allows you to change the location or where photo's are saved.  Under the Storage Settings, If you have installed a microSD card -then if you choose the "Storage Card" option as opposed to  the "Phone storage" option, the pictures will be placed on the microSD card and photoshop will find the pictures.

_Greg

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2010 11:03 AM   in reply to clusteroid

Greg,

You're correct. This fixed the issue for me.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2010 9:44 AM   in reply to MicahBurke

I have tons of pictures on my sd card and photoshop mobile doesnt find any of them. I am using droid incredible with android 2.1

thanks

luke

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2010 9:56 AM   in reply to donkeydonkeydonkey

We are aware of this issue and are looking into a fix. 'Clusteroid' mentioned a workaround you might be willing to try in the meantime:

"...there is a camera setting that allows you to change the location or  where photo's are saved.  Under the Storage Settings, If you have  installed a microSD card -then if you choose the "Storage Card" option  as opposed to  the "Phone storage" option, the pictures will be placed  on the microSD card and photoshop will find the pictures."

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2010 10:06 PM   in reply to Charlie.D

I have an Incredible and am experiencing the same issue. Please clarify the photo storage settings fix. I went into my camera settings and changed the storage to "storage card". It appears to only recognize photos taken with the camera after the settings change was made.Anyone know how to get the app to recognize photos previously stored on the card with another camera or phone?

Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 1:09 AM   in reply to reltubn

Hi,

To view all the images present on the SD card, follow the below mentioned steps:

a) Launch the Photoshop.com Mobile Application.

b) Press menu. Select More > Settings.

c) De-select the option "Show camera photos only in Phone View".

Restart the phone and launch the application again.

All the images present in the SD card will be displayed.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2010 7:46 AM   in reply to divinayy

I found the need to copy all of my pics from my phone memory (DCIM/100MEDIA) to my SD card.  I did this on my computer using the USB cable with the phone in disk mode.

So ya, it looks like the photoshop app is incapable of reading pictures stored on the phone memory.  It looks like only SD is supported right now.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2010 3:14 PM   in reply to reltubn

You can use Astro (or USB connection to computer with phone in disk mode) to move the pictures from the phone or anywhere to the SD card directory DCIM/100MEDIA.  The images will then appear in the gallery.  I tried moving to a different directory on SD (one I created--Images) but the app did not recognize this directory.  Droid Incredible 2.2

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 9:45 AM   in reply to jmannphoto

Hate to be a downer, but I am having this issue as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 9:55 AM   in reply to Will Curley

Did you look into the file location info provided eariler in the thread? What model of camera do you have?

-Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points