Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5, XMP Panel 3.0 STI to fix error with File>info not working

May 4, 2010 10:38 AM

I have installed CS5 64 and 32 bit versions on a Vista 64 bit SP2. It will not run File>info to get metadata. I can not find any way to run required action. Capture6.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2010 11:09 AM   in reply to EJ Printer

Did you correctly install with admin rights? What otehr Adobe software is on the system?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to EJ Printer

You have a bad install.  I don't recall anyone else seeing that same problem, and as the message says: a reinstall should fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2010 7:02 AM   in reply to EJ Printer

Being admin on the computer and installing the software in the Admin mode are different. When the disk is put in the drive do not install. Explore the disk and look for the .exe file, right click on that and choose run as Admin. This will give PS the correct permission levels to install with.

Also ensure no other Adobe product is running in the background during install (task manager).

Turn off any anti-virus. Sometimes anti-virus will block software from installing correctly.

Also before you run the software right click on the icon, choose properties, compatibility and check run as Admin. This will give PS full security rights.

No need to turn off UAC in Windows 7 during install.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2010 11:55 AM   in reply to EJ Printer

XMP Panel 3.0 STI

That is part of the Photoshop or CreativeSuite installer.

(Why do they reference an internal part of the installer?  I really don't know, and that part comes from another team.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points