Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2010 8:59 PM   in reply to mojo0716

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 10:47 PM   in reply to mojo0716

Hi,

For Windows, I don't believe there's any change from CS4 to CS5 regarding this optional plug-in. If you already have it, just copy it over. If not, you can get the CS4 optional package and copy it. (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4048)

Make sure to copy the 64 bit into the 64 bit app directory, and the 32 bit into the x86 directory. If it doesn't work, sorry :-P Idon't have a Windows machine at and to test it out. Yes, this will be included in the CS5 posting when it comes out. I'm trying to get info on the ETA for posting.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2010 4:03 PM   in reply to mojo0716

I have troubles by installing the additional plug in! I can see it in Photoshop, but it doesn't work.

Were do I need to install this plug in exactly?

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2010 3:06 PM   in reply to mojo0716

Thanks for your reply! I's working! I found this out after hours trying.

To place the layers file in the correct folder, that was the problem!

Really handy this form!

Thanks again,

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2010 10:23 PM   in reply to vijfi

how do you extract the files from the picture package?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2010 6:46 AM   in reply to the pear

Are you asking, "how do you open a zip archive and copy a file out"?  Here's one way:

• Open a Windows Explorer window (note that I did NOT say Internet Explorer).  Open the zip file as though it is a folder.  Navigate down through the subfolders inside it until you see the file you want to copy.

• Open a second Windows Explorer window.  Navigate to the folder to which you want to copy the file.

• Make it so you can see both Windows Explorer windows at the same time, and drag the file from one Windows Explorer window to the other.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 12:37 AM   in reply to the pear

Hi,

You can download the optional plug-ins for CS5 Windows here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4688&fileID= 4376

Once downloaded, unzip (extract) the PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US.zip package.

Note: If you are using a 64-bit edition of  Windows, then, by default, there are two editions of Photoshop installed on your  computer: a 32-bit edition and a 64-bit edition.

The default location of the Plug-ins folder for the 32-bit edition is            
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4/Plug-Ins.

The default location of the Plug-Ins folder for the 64-bit edition is            
    C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4/Plug-Ins.

1. From the PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US folder, copy

/Optional Plug-Ins/Win32/ContactSheetII.8li plug-in into the C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Automate folder (for both Contact Sheet II and Picture Package) and/or

/Optional Plug-Ins/Win64/ContactSheetll.8li plug-in into the C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Automate folders (for both Contact Sheet II and Picture Package).
    2. From the PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US folder, copy the /Presets/Layouts folder into the C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Presets folder and/or

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Presets folder.

3. Restart Photoshop.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points