Skip navigation
talktorickt
Currently Being Moderated

"player.play.it is requesting permission to store information on your computer."

May 6, 2010 12:34 PM

I believe this may be a virus. At the top of the messege it says Adobe flash player settings. Under that it says Local Storage. Under, it says requested: up to 1MB, currently used 100KB. Then it has 2 boxes to check either Allow or Deny. This pops up every time I turn on aol radio. I click deny, but it keeps coming back! help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2010 6:56 PM   in reply to talktorickt

As long as you keep denying it will probably come back.

Check the storage settings at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2010 8:15 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

I had this very same problem, here's what I did ... I uninstalled the toolbar link I had for AOL radio ... and then re-opened the AOL radio

from the main page on AOL and told it to save as a bookmark on the tool bar (I have Firefox) ... poof, the problem is gone ..

. not really sure what I did but it worked

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2010 9:11 PM   in reply to talktorickt

I had the same problem and I disabled the AOL toolbars as follows and the problem went away:

From Internet explorer window click on TOOLS then select MANAGE ADD-ONS then under ADD-ON TYPES the option TOOLBARS and EXTENSIONS should already be selected (if not then select it). In the SHOW: window or box select CURRENTLY LOADED ADD-ONS then in the window on the right select AOL TOOLBAR then select DISABLE (another window will pop up that lists related add-ons that will also be disabled) then click DISABLE.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points