Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

First impressions

May 6, 2010 12:58 PM

This is great guys, really makes DSC development and especially generating the component.xml a lot easier.  Just some things I noticed after quickly playing with it for a few minutes:

Possible Issues:

• Using the drop down list in the editor for operation parameters.. it was really difficult to click in the right place to open the drop down list
  • In the project wizard I added adobe-livecycle-client.jar, it wound up putting it in the project build path twice though, once located in /lib/ and once in /lib/internal/

Nice to haves:

• It would be nice if there was some wizards split out from the project wizard.  For example, often times after creating the component (and thus the project) you want to add an operation to a service, or add a service to the component, would be great if there were wizards you could use to do that.
  • It would be nice if the wizard supported putting titles on services, operations, and output variables.  You almost always want to have user friendly values defined for these.
  • Would be nice if you could set whether a service is orchastratable or not in the wizard.
  • An option on whether to generate the boostrap and lifecycle classes would be cool.  I've rarely needed these so far.
  • It would be nice if the generated code was formatted a bit nice, ie: with some tabs and line breaks.
  • The generated bootstrap and lifecycle classes use AdobeLogger in the code.  AdobeLogger is not a publically documented class.  Maybe we should use it, or get it publically documented.

That's it for my first impressions so far.  In the end I think this is a fantastic step forward.  Thanks!

Chris

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2010 3:15 PM   in reply to ChrisTrubiani

Thanks for the feedback.

* The tool already puts the adobe-livecycle-client.jar in the classpath. No need for you to put it there.

* After you created your project, the component editor allows you to add further services and operations if you click on the Add buttons in the Services and Operations Tab. The limitation is that the tool will not generate those service classes from the component editor.

* The tool does allow you to add Titles in the component editor's Services and Operations tab.

* The Services and Operations tab allows you to set "Auto Deploy" and "Orchestratable" options.

* The AdobeLogger is in the adobe-livecycle-client.jar and hence public.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 11:35 AM   in reply to ChrisTrubiani

Chis,

When you click on the component xml in your Ecliplse Project you should see all the GUI Panels for Services & Operations etc.

Gary.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 11:43 AM   in reply to ChrisTrubiani

Looks like something has gone wrong with your installation or you don't have all the required plugins. Can you check the steps you took against what has been documented to make sure you followed each step? Also, there is a ready eclipse_setup.zip file that you can download and just install the component development tool into it that should by-pass the issues you are facing now. Let me know if you need help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 11:45 AM   in reply to Elham_Chandler

Check out this link : http://labs-staging.macromedia.com/technologies/lcwcdtool/configure.ht ml for an already setup eclipse.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 11:51 AM   in reply to Elham_Chandler

Also, Chris, we are preparing a new drop that will only need GEF and EMF. It looses the dependency on Jetty and WTP and makes the install much easier. Please watch out for the announcement on this Foum when it is ready to download.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2010 4:15 PM   in reply to Elham_Chandler

Just to add, you get to the Component Editor by selecting the componentxml file in your project.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 10:53 AM   in reply to ChrisTrubiani

Did you try the latest drop? I hope you finally get to see the component xml editor.

Gary.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to Elham_Chandler

As of May 23, 2013 the link to labs-staging.macromedia.com is broken.  Any alternatives?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points