Skip navigation
robert_doyle
Currently Being Moderated

Custom Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 deployment error

May 7, 2010 12:28 PM

I am working on developing a custom MSI to deploy Photoshop Elements 8.0 in our company and I am getting the following error message:

Install adobe photoshop elements 8.0 using the setup.exe in the root folder

I was hoping someone could assist me with finding the correct property to add to the MSI (using Orca) so that I can get past this error and continue with the installation/deployment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2010 7:51 AM   in reply to robert_doyle

Hi Robert,

If the installation was done through .msi file then some of the additional components of PSE does not use to get install on the user machines and hence the .msi file installation was locked out in PSE 8.

The error you are seeing is because you are trying to install PSE through Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.msi file. Please try to install PSE through Setup.exe and then the installation will run fine.

In either case, for silent deployment on multiple machines, you should contact Adobe support team which is designed specifically for the enterprise customers to assist them in deployment related issues. Also, you need to get volume serial number in this scenario.

http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/enterprise/

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2010 7:54 AM   in reply to robert_doyle

Also, Adobe strongly recommends customers not to directly edit the installer files using some tools like Orca. In case you need any customizations or support, feel free to contact the support team for enterprise through the link I shared below or by directly calling the support.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points