Skip navigation
DullSquid
Currently Being Moderated

Ps Elements 6 - Editor not working

May 11, 2010 8:15 AM

Greetings.

First, I want to describe my frustration. I've been surfing Abode's site for more than 60 minutes trying to figure out how to access the contact support, by email rather than phone. It's very  common for any manufacturer to have an email contact customer support. After more than an hour I figured out that the forums are the way used here. But the site's support instructions don't explain that at all.

The site provides a lot of buttons and support options that are all useless for issues that require contact, those that the knowledge base is not likely to cover. "Online Help" option in PsE's support page redirects me to a guide page that looks like a user manual, that's not what I need at all to solve the problem I have got. The other elements on the page are written common issues without a contact support option. The "Contact Adobe" page contains 2 scroll down menus for problem definition, but they weirdly do not open any contact form. There is a phone support number but it's irrelevant. The instructions below the 2 scroll down menus suggest going to the "Adobe support programs" page which leads to the PoE support page I was talking about. The final option in the contact page is this:

"For faster service:

You must register your software to get product support. Register now"

But dumbly, when I try to register my product it refuses reporting back that my product is already registered. Okay, what next? There is nothing left to do at the page!

Okay, here is the issue. I have installed PhotoShop Elements 6 from a disc that came with my Genius graphics tablet (does this make any sense?). Using Windows 7. The system requirements are doubtlessly met. The video card is ATI Radeon HD 5770. The program was installed properly. When I run it and choose the Editor, PhotoShop refuses to run it, and this error message pops up:

Capture.JPG

What does this mean? What other information do I need to provide in order to solve the problem? And who should I contact? Will it be solved here in this forum?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2010 9:51 AM   in reply to DullSquid

Which version of operating system you are running, 32 bit or 64 bit?

Try to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows xp (32 bit).

Regards.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2010 10:08 AM   in reply to xpertpse

Are you running the application with a administrator user on the OS?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2010 10:54 AM   in reply to DullSquid

Probably you can re-install the product and see if this is happening again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2010 12:29 PM   in reply to DullSquid

This may seem annoying but will make the problem more clear.

Are you saying that this is happening only with Editor and not with organizer?

Is organizer launching properly?

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2010 5:18 AM   in reply to DullSquid

I am just not sure how to solve this problem.

You can try one more thing by deleteing organizer and editor preferences and then try launching in compatibility mode.

To delete organizer preferences goto currenntUser/ApplicationData/Adobe/Elements Organizer/8.0/Organizer and delete the the psa file.

To delete the editor preferences press ctrl+alt+shift key while launching the editor and delete the preferences.

This problem may be because of some preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2010 12:08 PM   in reply to DullSquid

This isn't an answer, but I would like you to know your not alone. I was given elements8 for my b'day also a new computer Mesh with windows 7. I first loaded up my elements 6 then my elements 8. Neither editor works although the organiser does. I have been twice on adobe live and after a long while they say they cant help me and to phone technical department. The phone number they gave me doesn't work and I think it could be a lengthy discussion at my expense which I dont want to take. I think its definitely a windows 7 problem as I had no trouble loading the same element8 on my Vista laptop

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2010 8:45 PM   in reply to DullSquid

I think my Ps 6 editor stopped working after a windows vista 64 update

regards,

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2010 8:29 PM   in reply to DullSquid

Can you try reinstalling at some other location than the default. Also please turn off your anti virus while the insta

~V

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2010 1:33 PM   in reply to DullSquid

Like others, my copy of Elements 6 has stopped printing in the Editor mode, even after reinstalling. Windows 7. Worked in the past months. Elements 4 prints fine, never a problem. Elements 7 will print photos I have saved in the past, but with files I scanned today, using Epson's V500 Photo scanner, as both psd and tiff files will not print. Still looking for a "fix". At age 77 I hope I find one soon based data in the longevity tables the insurance companies have :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2010 1:40 PM   in reply to DJWenz

The photos saved in the past that I can still print in E7 are jpegs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points