Skip navigation
Toaster99
Currently Being Moderated

Deployment Guide for CS5 Master Collection

May 12, 2010 6:59 PM

Im looking for the Deployment toolkit for Adobe CS5 along with the Guides on how to deploy CS5.

I know there are deployment guides for Adobe CS4 but im looking for the updated CS5 Version.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2010 1:43 PM   in reply to Toaster99

I too would also need to know this.  We are getting ready to deploy Master Collection for both Mac and PC to over 100 computers.  Time is of the essence because we are already receiving the media and our faculty members are anxious to get hands on it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 4:19 PM   in reply to redclawx

I too am looking for a deployment guide.  You would think they could include one on the dvd?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 4:47 PM   in reply to OilerNut

Found this link about deploying CS5:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84211.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 7:19 AM   in reply to OilerNut

Have you got it to work? It seems to me that the application.xml.override file is ignored during the installation, because I get the EULA and is prompted for a serial on the first application launch. I have tried to specify the path as the guide describes but I have also tried to leave out --overrideFile= since the file is already placed in the deploy folder as the guide also describes.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 3:47 PM   in reply to René Frej Nielsen

It's working for me.

I did the following steps:

- Copied install-en_US.xml to the root directory where set-up.exe is located and renamed it install.xml

- Under "payloads\AdobeDesignPremium5-mul" I created the file "application.xml.override".

The file contains the following, XXXXX being your serial number, I also saved the file as utf-8 encoding in notepad (not sure if that matters):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Configuration><Payload adobeCode="{A1BC7068-C1BA-410F-8B9A-DB807C803DE2}">
    <Data key="Serial" protected="0">XXXXX</Data>
    <Data key="Registration">Suppress</Data><Data key="Updates">Suppress</Data><Data key="EULADelay">-1</Data>
    </Payload>
    </Configuration>

- I then created an install script batch file which contains the following:

Set-up.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=install.xml --overrideFile=payloads\AdobeDesignPremium5-mul\application.xml.overr ide

One other thing to note is <Payload adobeCode="{A1BC7068-C1BA-410F-8B9A-DB807C803DE2}"> is obtained from payloads\setup.xml which contains the line <mediaSignature>{A1BC7068-C1BA-410F-8B9A-DB807C803DE2}</mediaSignatur e>.

That product ID would be different for each differet CS5 product, that is the one for Design Premium CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2010 11:43 PM   in reply to OilerNut

It's working for me now as well as I realized that I had omitted the "--" in front of overrideFile. Once that was in place then the application.xml.override file was respected!

And now Adobe has released Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition and it works! Yeah!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 9:10 AM   in reply to OilerNut

Working on Master Collection CS5 and I am getting a return code 26 "An error occurd. Exiting installer"

I've copied the application.xml.override to "payloads\AdobeMasterCollection5-mul" with the following content. What am i doing wrong? Please advise

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Configuration><Payload adobeCode="{FBB02B04-C034-4382-A3F6-57416E2752C4}">
    <Data key="Serial" protected="0">serialnumber</Data>
    <Data key="Registration">Suppress</Data><Data key="Updates">Suppress</Data><Data key="EULADelay">-1</Data>
    </Payload>
    </Configuration>

My batch file looks somethis like this

"D:\AdobeMasterCollectionCS5\Disc1\Adobe CS5\Set-up.exe" --mode=silent --deploymentFile="D:\AdobeMasterCollectionCS5\Disc1\Adobe CS5\install.xml"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points