Skip navigation
cyberskin99
Currently Being Moderated

No "convert to pdf " and no " print to pdf " option after install

May 13, 2010 11:32 AM

I installed adobe acrobat reader professional 8 at home ( WIN 7 ) and everything works great there, but after installing it at work ( WIN 7 ) i have no option when i right click a file in the drop down menu that says " convert to adobe pdf ", and also in word i have no option to " Print to  PDF " in the printer menu.

Thoses options are on my home PC but not work PC ? the only thing i can think of is a USER RESTRICTION that is in place that does not give my user account the option to use thoses two options ?

Im I wrong  ? and if so how can i get thoses options at work like i have at home ?

TY for any help giving

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2010 12:34 PM   in reply to cyberskin99

cyberskin99 wrote:

I installed adobe acrobat reader professional 8

First, you either have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 Or Adobe Reader 8. Acrobat Reader Professional 8 does not exist.

If you have Acrobat, we'll try and work this out. If you have Reader, you don't get either of those items since it's made for viewing/printing PDF's.

My suggestion is to open the application you installed then go to the Help dropdown and see whether it says Acrobat or Reader. Also, be sure you don't have both products installed since that could cause similar issues as this.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2010 3:04 PM   in reply to cyberskin99

Have you tried repairing the installation?

Help>Repair Acrobat installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2010 4:39 PM   in reply to cyberskin99

With AA8, you will have to update the program to have any luck with Win7. You probably need AA8.1 as a minimum. Also, did you install as the administrator and did you have anti-virus turned off when you installed. These options can all impact the installation and performance. Only AA9 is certified for Win7, but several folks have gotten AA8 to work. You may have to play around a bit to get things to work. PDF Maker in OFFICE 2007 definitely requires a newer version of AA8 from 8.0.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points