Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

sharing common component across multiple other components

May 14, 2010 2:05 PM

I would like to have single component deploy that have  common functionality that get used across multiple component so that you have to redeploy only one component and all other component depend on it (either depends on all the jar it uses or classes /services that common component provide) get the new changes automatically and no need to re-deploy each one again.

Thanks

YogLC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2010 2:32 PM   in reply to YogLC

I think you can do this. Your common Component would export some packages/types and expose services invoked by other Components. Therefore you could deploy a new version of the common component and the others would automatically be using its services through the same LC Client SDK calls to perform Service Invocatiion. It is our design intent that these sort of service-to-service calls are loosely coupled. We actually do that a lot in the components that we ship within the LiveCycle Container, especially for SPI Providers.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2010 2:48 PM   in reply to YogLC

Hi,

There is a component xml reference here that might help: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/sdkHelp/programmer/sdkHelp/wwhe lp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Also if you have already developed a component in the previous verion of LiveCycle ES then it will still work in ES2 and any special tricks you used for locating dependent jars will probably also work too. As far as DSCs go they still operate the same way and I think what you had working before for loading dependent libs ought to still work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points