Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS4 not responding on start-up

May 18, 2010 11:49 AM

I was just working on a series of DVDs for a client (needed multiple DVDs for menu screens for restaurant client) I've burned these before, everything worked great and just as I'm on deadline (always happens this way Adobe and we don't get to bill for asprin fees) I'm needing to burn another copy of a Encore file that was previously made and now Encore is not responding at startup.

What's the fix???? Is there some key-stroke command that can clear the settings or some DLL file that needs to be removed to get Encore to startup again?

If I need to rebuild my project that's not a big deal, that will take 10 mins. but to deal with this hanging issue's a pain in the butt you guys!

Some more info; the hang seems to be at the 'Transcoding' loadup. That's where it just stops starting. It started fine multiple times prior this startup... so I'm thinking of a couple things that was/is different during this last starup; a) I had iTunes open, because my iPhone was on cradle... b) I had closed a previous Encore project and switched to another project file. (while iTunes was open).

This is the only difference between yesterday and today...I'm thinking there's some DLL or something within the startup string in Encore that's now corrupted. Anyone know what needs to be removed (which DLL I guess) in order to have Encore startup clean again.

-jeff

Specs: Win7 Ultimate 64bit

RAM: 8GB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2010 4:50 PM   in reply to jeff_burkholder

same issue here, it just freezes up and I can't kill the process in windows 7 64bit. Now I have to reboot my computer, please fix this or provide a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 5:00 PM   in reply to renderhjs2

I could not even shut down windows because the encore process was still there not terminating proper, so I had to forcefully unplug the power and reboot!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 5:06 PM   in reply to renderhjs2

After a reboot of windows and 3rd attempt it seems to percist and encore seems to be broken. It used to work several weeks ago but something must have changed as it appears to be broken now.

Come to think of it I think I updated CS4 applications recently, maybe the update affected encore in a bad way? I guess I have to rely now on free alternatives to cut and edit my audio, very annoying and disappointing.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 4:14 AM   in reply to jeff_burkholder

Install the latest pxhelp drivers and try to launch encore.

It may resolve this issue.

There are some hang issue on startup with CS4 and Windows 7.

You can install the pxhelp drivers from -

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/ 000070GN&PARAMS=

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points