Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creative Suite SDK with Flash Builder 4 tutorial

May 19, 2010 4:13 AM

Hi,

For those of you new to the Creative Suite SDK, I've posted a video tutorial in our blog that walks you through all the steps necessary to build an extension using the SDK and Flash Builder 4. It shows you how to get set up with the SDK, create a new project, run and debug the extension in development mode and export it for distribution.

You will find the recording in the Creative Suite SDK Team blog.

Maria

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 28, 2010 7:32 AM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

Maria !! te quiero!

I was getting so frustrated, you have no idea.

In the documentation it does not says that the plist should be a String. I was trying as Boolean and Integer and it would crash Dreamweaver, Illustrator and FireWorks... Photoshop was fine.

Because of that I was back into Panel development with v. 4.0 but it did not work that well. It has refreshing issues.

Thanks again

Marco

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 4:22 AM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

Maria,

is there any other tutorials coming up ?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Sterling Ledet
    28 posts
    Apr 23, 2001
    Jul 8, 2010 9:55 AM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

Just a quick note that the tutorial says the SDK is free, but it seems to only be available to those who have paid the $495 developer solutions partner program. Any chance you could make it available to Adobe authorized training partners and instructors as well? It would make a great addition to our Flash Builder training classes.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sterling Ledet
    28 posts
    Apr 23, 2001
    Jul 8, 2010 9:58 AM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

Sorry, I was referring to the Extension Builder in the previous post, not the regular SDK.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 10:01 AM   in reply to Sterling Ledet

A clarification - the SDK is free. The Extension Builder plugin for Flash Builder requires membership in one of the developer programs.

That said, you've posted in the right place. The appropriate people will see it.

Regards

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2010 10:50 AM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

I'm building an InDesign extension using Flash Builder. I have everything working as per the tutorial, but the code-debug cycle is very long. Every time I make a code change, if I want to run it in the debugger, I have to do all of this:

1. Save my file, confirm there are no Errors, set my breakpoints.
    2. In the Finder (I'm on OSX), copy the SWF to the extensions folder.
    3. In Flash Builder, from the "Run" menu, choose "Debug", then "Other..." The Debug Configurations dialog appears.
    4. In the Debug Configurations Dialog, select my configuration (which works) and click Debug. The "Installed Adobe Flash Player Is Not a Debugger" dialog appears.
    5. In the "Installed Adobe Flash Player Is Not a Debugger" dialog, click Yes. The dialog closes
    6. Launch InDesign. Wait for it to launch.
    7. Run my extension, stop at my breakpoints, do my debugging.
    8. Quit InDesign

Is there any way to set up the debugger to connect to CS5 without having to quit and relaunch the CS5 app itself?

Is there any way to make my debug configuration the default in Flash Builder, so I can just hit command-F11 to debug?

Is there any way to automate copying the SWF into the extensions folder?

Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2010 10:52 AM   in reply to francispotter

By the way, I am running the debug version of Flash Player in my browser... so is there at least some way to avoid the popup telling me I don't?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2011 3:03 PM   in reply to francispotter

Hi bud,

could you work this out?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2011 4:03 PM   in reply to Maria J Gutierrez

Thanks very much Maria, but I think you might be wrong with the last part.

To update the files, I just set my output folder to the Adobe CS5.5 "extensions" folder.

What really is a pain in the ... neck, is that you have to restart InDesign for the changes to be available (if I don't have to do this, please someone tell me how to).

I don't think I'll pay zillions to Adobe for a line of code that should be readily available as a patch.

That's why I'm not rich, and Adobe is, I guess.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)