Skip navigation
kadjar01
Currently Being Moderated

"Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition..."

May 19, 2010 1:32 PM

"Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server. Retry | Setup"

I'm attempting to hook DW CS5 into my Wordpress installation. I thought it seemed simple enough, but I'm stuck, frustrated, and confused.

My testing server is running XAMPP and a brand new installation of wordpress.

Remote server is running wordpress as well, with a test post or two.

In the 'Files' window, I can view my files on local view, testing server, and remote server. The files within each are identical.

Any help would be most appreciated. I've looked through the other thread here and followed the instructions I could find, but to no avail.

-----------------------------------

Settings:

Site:

- Site name: mysite

- Local Site Folder: C:\Users\Me\Sites\mysite.com

Servers:

Remote:

- Name: mysite.com

- Address: mysite.com

- Connection: SFTP

- Remote/testing: Remote

> Basic:

- Server Name: mysite.com

- Connect Using: SFTP

- SFTP address: mysite.com

- Port: 22

- Username/password (set)

- Root Directory: mysite.com/ (the root folder shows vhosts, mysite.com is the home directory)

- Web URL: http://mysite.com/

> Advanced:

- Only 'Maintain synchronization information' is checked

Testing:

- Name: XAMPP

- Address: C:/xampp/htdocs/wordpress/

- Connection: Local/Network

- Remote/testing: Testing

> Basic:

- Server Name: XAMPP

- Connect Using: Local/Network

- Server Folder: C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\

- Web URL: http://localhost/

> Advanced:

- Testing Server - Server Model: PHP MySQL

---------------------------------

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2010 1:36 PM   in reply to kadjar01

Do you have apache and mysql running?

Have you set up the wp-config file? i guess you have or you wouldn't see it.

also web url should be http://localhost/wordpress.  that's probably what's wrong if you haven't defined that.

Daniel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2010 1:53 PM   in reply to kadjar01

No probs,

have fun.

Daniel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2010 7:25 PM   in reply to kadjar01

I personally installed wordpress severals  times locally as i could only make the dynamic discover feature work  maybe once or twice each time i installed, then I would get this error.  After trying several different server setups i almost gave up. Today I  was working with wordpress outside of dreamweaver and was looking for a  way to change permalinks to have a php extension. After looking for a  while I noticed people kept talking about making differnet servers like  xamp able to handle permalinks. Then the light came on for me and I  realized each time I installed wordpress I would eventually change the  default permalink to day and name. So I turned it back to default in  wordpress and bingo I could now discover the files. Tried this several  times to make sure this was the issue. Yippe!!

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2010 3:37 PM   in reply to Michaeltm

I had the same problem with Dreamweaver CS5 and Drupal. And the same solution -- it seems counter-intuitive to point to the server where one's local site lives, but it works. I made a tutorial video explaining how to get around that error for a Drupal install, but I think it is the same solution as proposed for WordPress above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpjuievC04

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2010 12:47 PM   in reply to Michaeltm

Thanks for that. It seems to have solved the same problem I had. That issue should have been addressed loud and clear by Adobe in the first place. I wonder if there are any other "basic" functions of WP that would "break" Dreamweaver? Thank God for the community.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to Michaeltm

your a rock star thanks you that was my problem as well

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 12:15 AM   in reply to Michaeltm

Thanks Michael,

This had frustrated me for quite some time (as in most Wordpress sites I change the Permalink structure to 'Post Name') It's also still an issue in CS6 and in the trial edition of Dreamweaver CC.

/Ed

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to LonelyDead

What if the local and remote are the same. Im editing my live domain, not a local install. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 2:34 PM   in reply to jdundmacher

jdundmacher wrote:

What if the local and remote are the same. Im editing my live domain, not a local install. 

Huh?

Normally you GET files from remote server and edit Locally. 

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

When creating a server there is an option to check both testing and remote.   Instead of trying to understand what Im explaining it would be great if someone could just explain how to get dynamicaly related files for a remote server.  Im editing live sites on the internet. I donot use a local server like mamp.   I always get an error when trying to get dynamic related files for remote servers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points