Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need help: it keeps saying I'm not installing the latest version.

May 24, 2010 1:10 AM

I'm kinda a computer noob so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm the administrator of my computer. Whenever I try to download the latest version of flash at the end of the download it keeps saying that I'm not downloading the latest version (which I am) and it refrains from being installed on my computer. Can someone please help me?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2010 3:13 AM   in reply to Inefinite Life Extension

What is the exact message you are getting?

Do you get some installed version information at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Did you install Flash Player 10.1 beta at any time?

What web browser are you using?

Is your Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 9:35 AM   in reply to Inefinite Life Extension

I am getting the same message only my operating system is Windows7 32 bit. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 11:21 AM   in reply to Inefinite Life Extension

Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem in installing Flash Player 10 in Windows Vista. The only difference from Kinda's

case is that the resolution of my Windows Vista is 32 bits.

In addition, I've tried to do the same operation on Firefox, and it did work. Now I have flash player working in Firefox, but not in Explorer. Pretty weird, isn't it? Can anybody help us?

Ciccio

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 12:16 PM   in reply to CiccioB69

Hi Ciccio, It is the many differences in systems that makes it difficult to help. Always better to start your own thread as it will get too confusing otherwise. Pick any subject line you like.

This would apply to bda0562 as well. The person that started this thread is already receiving help for their issues that pertain to their system. It makes it a lot easier on those that are helping.

Thanks

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 6:18 PM   in reply to Inefinite Life Extension

pwillener wrote:

Do you get some installed version information at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

You haven't answered that question yet.

Additional question: did you by any chance install CS5 ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2010 5:56 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Thank you for your help.

I did install CS5 Design Premium.

I have gotten Flash to work in Google Chrome and when I visit the http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ page I get a message that the correct version is installed.

Flash still does not work in IE8. When I visit the about page, using internet explorer, a place holder icon is in the installed version box.

Thanks again,

Nea

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2010 8:58 PM   in reply to bda0562

I don't know what Adobe was thinking when they shipped Flash Player 10.1 beta with CS5 - nothing but problems with that!

You must uninstall FP 10.1 beta completely before trying to install the release version of Flash Player 10:

See the Release Notes link if you need detail instructions how to run the beta uninstaller.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2010 4:55 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Thanks for your help. Flash now working!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points