• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no windows 64 bit flash support

New Here ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is adobe intentionally trying to doom adobe flash player by refusing to come out with a flash player plug in for 64 bit browsers? I use to be a big flash fan but I'm just fed up with Adobe's attitude toward users.

Is flash really so far behind that they could not even forsee 64 bit browsers running on 64 bit OS and have been working on a plug in centuries ago? Adobe is just annoying countless customers by giving them the cold shoulder to the point people are just getting fed up with their "some day in the unforseeable future we will provide support" attitude as the years slip by. I hope the web starts turning to other technologies because I think it's time I get ride of flash period! That they would only provide 64 bit support for Linux is disgusting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

For now, the vast majority of computers (and Flash users) are still on 32 bit OS's. 64 bit is much more effecient, but right now it's about where Mac was compared to Windows, say..... in 2005 or 2006.

I can remember when the total number of apps for OS X was still in the 3 to 4 digit number range. Apple just eclipsed Microsoft as the tech industry's most valuable player.

64 bit will do that to 32 bit soon. Sooner than a lot of people think.

OS X will not be released in a 32 bit version from now on,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, the vast majority of computers (and Flash users) are still on 32 bit OS's. 64 bit is much more effecient, but right now it's about where Mac was compared to Windows, say..... in 2005 or 2006.

I can remember when the total number of apps for OS X was still in the 3 to 4 digit number range. Apple just eclipsed Microsoft as the tech industry's most valuable player.

64 bit will do that to 32 bit soon. Sooner than a lot of people think.

OS X will not be released in a 32 bit version from now on, and it's probably not too far out there to say that Windows 8 will not have a 32 bit version, but Adobe isn't the only company that isn't "fully 64 bit" yet.

The whole industry is lagging.

Believe me, Id love to do away with Rosetta on the Mac and IE 32 bit in Vista and 7, but I've got five systems and only two of them are X64, so there's a need for the 32 bit stuff, and it runs on 64 bit processors where I can't get 64 bit apps to run on the X86's. When software no longer runs on the X86's I'll have to replace them. Until then I'm glad to have the choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m impressed. That was a really thoughful answer to someone who was just plain upset. Thanks for taking the time to give a kind and helpful reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Adobe is a very long way behind when it comes to Flash for 64-bit browsers.

For example, 64-bit Java has been around for yonks.

64-bit Windows has been available since XP.

Adobe have been promising a 64-bit Flash for may years but have failed dismally to deliver.

On top of that Flash is also very inefficient code.

I really think Flash will be consigned to history soon.

Adobe only have their own corporate inertia and laziness to blame for this.

HTML5 etc. will kill Flash stone dead.

When it does, it will be good riddance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also fed up with the lack of support.  What the heck are they doing?  There is no excuse for this.  My guess is it is a new compile and some tweaks and it's done.  It doesn't have to be elegent or efficient right out of the gate,  It doesn't need a ground up rewrite, it just has to work.

As said above it's not as if Microsoft just sprung this on them or something.  Also from an above post, Linux support is nothing more than a slap in the face to it's main stream customers.

I can see weeks of delay, perhaps even months.  But years???? If anyone has an alternative plug in please let me know.  I'd just as soon flush Adobe until they stop flushing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frogg11 wrote:

Yes.

Adobe is a very long way behind when it comes to Flash for 64-bit browsers.

For example, 64-bit Java has been around for yonks.

64-bit Windows has been available since XP.

Adobe have been promising a 64-bit Flash for may years but have failed dismally to deliver.

On top of that Flash is also very inefficient code.

I really think Flash will be consigned to history soon.

Adobe only have their own corporate inertia and laziness to blame for this.

HTML5 etc. will kill Flash stone dead.

When it does, it will be good riddance.

yup.  though adobe once had a 64bit flash player for linux systems earlier this year but pulled it off the adobe labs site last month.

certainly adobe has been painfully slow in its progress for 64bit flash support for all platforms, not just for windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines