Skip navigation
diana1960
Currently Being Moderated

How do I convert pics from old Adobe Photoshop program on cd in pdd to jpeg?

May 26, 2010 11:06 PM

I have cds with pdd pics from my old (1999) Adobe Photoshop program.  My system won't open them.  I now have Photoshop Elements 8.  I can go to Organize and get photos from the cd.  They are in my catalog and I can open them there.

How do I convert them to jpeg?

When I go to Edit, I can't find my photos in the catalog.  I only find the new pics in my Photo Gallery that are already jpeg.

I feel as though I'm missing something simple.  Can someone help me?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2010 11:15 PM   in reply to diana1960

There's a utility called "Image Converter Plus" that can do this for you.  They modestly calls it "the best image converter in the industry.  You can see their web site at:  http://www.imageconverterplus.com/help-center/work-with-icp/examples/h ow-to-convert/PDD_jpg.html .

Here's from their web site:

How to convert PDD to JPG

Converting PDD to JPG is very easy with Image Converter Plus. In Windows Explorer, select a PDD image and click your right mouse button. In the context menu, select Convert to submenu and click Custom convert line.

==========

This seems to be exactly what you want.

Since they have a separate "download" and "purchase" section, it's not clear to me if you have to pay the $49 license fee to use the utility.  You may have to purchase the license to get batch processing. 

Even if you do have to pay, my philosophy in life is that if someone can rescue some important pictures with their $49 utility, then it's worth the price.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2010 3:46 AM   in reply to diana1960

You can also try to Export the images from the organizer. You need to select all the images present in the organizer, go to File->Export. The export dialog box will open up. In this dialog box you can choose the option to export the images as jpegs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2010 9:06 AM   in reply to diana1960

Try irfanview (free) to convert them to .psd files before importing them to the organizer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points