Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to print to pdf after adobe update

May 30, 2010 3:53 AM

Hi All,

After an adobe acrobat last week, I am unable to print word documents as pdf. I get the following error message:

Invalid "ADOBE PDF" printer properties:

Do not change spooler settings.

Please select "Print directly to the printer" option (from adobe PDF printer properties "Advanced" tab).

Could somebody please help

Thanks

R

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2010 2:08 AM   in reply to rmadahar

I have the exact same problem, except that I can't change the advanced settings.  I urgently need to use the print to pdf fuction!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 2:58 AM   in reply to e1sp3th

I have the same problem

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 7:03 AM   in reply to rolandd20

Try printing to file with the Adobe PDF printer. If that works, open the file in Distiller to see if you get a PDF. Assuming that works, you have a work around for now. The next thing to check is for AcroTray running in the background.

If you have not rebooted since the update, then reboot also. You can also try a repair of Acrobat (Help menu of AA9). I am currently running AA9.3.2 with no problems -- this is the latest update that came out over a month ago.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 8:11 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

I updated again and the print to pdf function is working again.  Thanks for your help!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to rmadahar

I have a similar problem. I have adobe 9.0 pro and word 2007. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago. Now when I try to create a pdf, it doesn't work. When I try to print to pdf I get the following error

Adobe PDF Settings file read error in :

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\Standard.joboptions

I have tried repairing the program, recovery to an earlier date, updating, removing and reinstalling both adobe and word 2007 and still get the same error. Anyone have an idea what I should do next. I have gone into the add-ins and adobe is enabled.

Thanks, I hope someone has an idea.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 1:30 PM   in reply to bcapo56

Apparently the Standard job options has been messed up. To test the process, go to the printer properties and change the selection to the print or press options and try again. If you works, then go back and try the standard option. If it still fails, then try a repair (under help or from the control panel).

It also appears that you have never done an update to AA9, with 9.0. The current version is 9.4.3 as I recall. So it might be worth just going through the updates. That can be done from the help menu. Be sure you install in order. You generally do not have to reboot until you have completed the last one and then it is a good idea to reboot.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

Hi Bill, thank you for answering me. I tried changing the printer properties and it didnt work so I went in to do another repair. I noticed that I still had and old acrobat 8 in their so I removed that one and did the repair on acrobat 9. It still didn't work but I notced that things had changed. I now had to adobe printers. Neither worked but I got a different error message saying that this program was not compatable to windows. So at the moment I deleted both printerss and I have just done another repair. No this didn't work either. Thanks, I will keep trying

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

Hi Bill, I am wworking on the updates now. Thank you so much. Berta

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to bcapo56

Hi Bill, I checked for updates and it says no updates available. I stomped. Thanks though

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2012 4:54 AM   in reply to bcapo56

You might check the version you have of AA 9. Then go to the updates site (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform= Windows) and download all of the updates after your current version and install them in order. You should only have to reboot after the last update.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

Thank you Bill, I will try again. Berta

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers