Skip navigation
vrosnl
Currently Being Moderated

Scale Embedded FLV

Jun 1, 2010 6:17 AM

I realize this has been asked at least 117 times...

I'm using Insert/Media/FLV... to insert an FLV file.

My container is 504x338, the video is not. I want the video to scale to fit. The FLV Player scales to the correct size, but the video does not.

I don't care about aspect ratio/quality/tearing, nothing except having the video fill the container.

I can't seem to find parameter options for scale. When I search I find options for SWF that don't even mention 'noscale'.

My goal is to eventually replace the source videos, and no matter what the size/dimensions they will always fill the container.

Any thoughts?

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="504" height="338" id="FLVPlayer">
        <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
        <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
        <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
        <param name="salign" value="lt" />

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2010 8:07 AM   in reply to vrosnl

Hi

As you said at least 117 times, (now 118).

<param name="scale" value="showall" />

If your flv does not contain sound then you would be better advised converting this to an swf, as this would resize as required.

Using an flv you cannot get this to resize to any large extent but it will resize, (depending) set the height and width values to 100% and insert the scale param shown above.

PZ

www.pziecina.com

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2010 9:27 AM   in reply to vrosnl

Hi

Trying to do this properly with an flv will require you to provide a resizeable stage for the flv in actionscript, then also use javascript, (jQuery) to resize the player.

I can't seem to get the video to loop either [<param name="loop" value="true" />].

Again this requires a bit of actionscript and javascript to do, but I believe there is a third party player that will do this.

Any resize of an flv upwards, (above 100%) is very limited, (115%-120% appears to be the max) but you can resize downwards, (try using 50%) so what I would recommend is setting a size that 'fits' the page and the flv will resize upwards as required, (you should use a fluid or liquid layout).

PZ

ps. I love problems like this, don't you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points