Skip navigation
Bill Malouff
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot capture video from my Panasonic PV-GS120?

Jun 2, 2010 11:03 AM

Just go PPR 5.0 and I cannot capture video from my Panasonic PV-GS120,  I just installed a new 1394 fireware card and Windows 7, but in PPR I get capture device off line. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2010 11:10 AM   in reply to Bill Malouff

Check you camera settings and check your 1394 driver. You may need the Legacy driver under Win 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2010 11:31 AM   in reply to Bill Malouff

Go to device manager, select 1394 devices and search for drivers. It may help to select the one with Legacy in the description out of the three that Windows finds by default. If you search in this forum for "Leagacy" and my name you will find the post with the full instructions.

2-6-2010 20-24-29.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 4:43 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

i just bought a  like new camera GS120 also i can not get the video off the tape, i have and HP i5 win 7 pro 64bit adobe prem pro, i loaded the legacy drivers, it said the device is working propely  but i hook the camera up and nothing.. i downloaded movie maker and it won't even open said not compatiable so i downloaded avs video editor that my daughter has on her laptop and it did not work i talked to the person i bought the camera form and he assusre me that the dv port on the camera is good. to i called panasoinc and they said oh you will need th3e disk that came witht the camera, so i told them what i had for a computer and they sent a disk for (40bucks)  and it was for win 2000 me and xp so i called them and they said oh that won;t work on win 7 (but they had no issue taking the 40 buck) so here i am trying to get vidoe off this camera anyone have any ideas of what to do ???????

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points