Skip navigation
Blue_D
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 - Missing gradient editor in Photoshop Live Effects/Stroke

Jun 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Try this: select an object, apply a photoshop smart effect > stroke > Fill type: gradient

and let me know if you have any way to edit the gradient there, I can't figure out how to work that.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2010 4:17 PM   in reply to Blue_D

There isn't a way using the PS Live Filter. They're primarily there to maintain the edibility of PS Layer Styles, in case the file goes back to PS. What are you trying to achieve? Fireworks native gradient tools are pretty robust.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2010 8:58 AM   in reply to Blue_D

Apparently not...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2011 5:20 PM   in reply to Blue_D

The outline effects in Photoshop is one of the few reasons I'll use photoshop. I find Fireworks to be a very simple yet powerful tool with non-destructive editing and effects. Sorry there is no answer to your question (or solution for that matter). If you can get a cheap copy of Fireworks 8, it has some really neat effects from Alien Skin.

I do understand your frustration.

You can let Adobe know how you feel by wallet management.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to Blue_D

you can edit it in PS, then open the same PSD file in FW, and it's done. a little hassle but still fairly quick.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to tianfei201206

Through my frustration, I came across this same problem... the solution, though, was avoiding putting gradient on a stroke. I needed to make a nice little checkbox, so I made one square shape, put a smaller one in front of it, selected them both, and used the combine tools in the properties bar off to the far right. It will make them into one shape and you can use all of the fill effects instead of the limited stroke effects. Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points