Skip navigation
Daltonwing323
Currently Being Moderated

FME Vista audio problem..

Jun 7, 2010 6:27 AM

Im using a Dazzle DVC 90 to livestream to justin.tv but my only probably is that FME doesnt show Dazzle as a audio in put device, so im pretty much streaming with no sound, some people say i need to download somethin to redirect it to fme or soemthin everyone i ask has a different answer ive also heard something about a virtual audio cable... any help would be appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2010 3:10 PM   in reply to Daltonwing323

The Dazzle has the following inputs:

* Composite video input (RCA connector)
    * S-Video input (mini-DIN connector)
    * Stereo audio input (2 x RCA connectors)

Can we assume that you have plugged in 2xRCA connectors into the audio ports?  This would go from the RCA audio OUTPUTs of your device (vcr/camcorder).  If you have not, then it may mean that the dazzle device is not reporting audio capability - FMLE only picks up what the card reports it has. Plug in the audio cables and restart FMLE.

If you do have audio cables plugged in and there is still no sound then your alternative is to input sound through another device - i.e. the computer's sound card, via the line-in port.  In FMLE you can select different devices for video and audio input with no problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2010 7:51 PM   in reply to Daltonwing323

Is the dazzle device on the hardware compatibility list published by adobe? If not then you are out of luck - you will not find a solution.  I suggest you use the line-in jack on your sound card and select that in FMLE as the audio capture device.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points