Skip navigation
Spinland2
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 8: import as numbered stills not working

Jun 8, 2010 7:20 AM

System is an Alienware M17x running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

I have a folder (tried this on multiple folders, actually) that only contains a series of PNG files, named Frame0000.png, Frame0001.png, and so on.  When I follow the help instructions and import the first image in the sequence, and check the import as numbered stills box, PE8 still only imports the first image.  I've tried this on multiple sequences, including BMP and JPG files to see if it was a PNG problem, and none of them work.  The only way thus far I've found to import the whole sequence is to group-select them all manually and trust the time stamp sorting to keep them in order.

Is this a bug in PE8?  Is there something missing in the process instructions that I'm not doing?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2010 7:32 AM   in reply to Spinland2

If, when you browse to the files, you hold down the Shift key and select the first and last in the series, Premiere Elements will import the entire set into your project at once. Since you have the sequence named numerically in the order you'd liked them to appear, they will appear in that order in the Project media panel.

Is this not what you're seeing?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 8:15 AM   in reply to Spinland2

Are you working in the Project media panel?

The media in this panel is sorted by name by default.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 10:48 AM   in reply to Spinland2

For what it's worth I've reverted to my actual account here; there was a glitch but Adobe's folks have it sorted now.

So the original question still remains: does the procedure detailed in the link I provided above simply not work?

Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 5:15 PM   in reply to Spinland

Okay, time to plead my ignorance of the interface and admit the issue is my lack of understanding of what I was looking at.  I'm home now and looking at the application, and I can see where I went wrong.

I was looking at the "Media" panel, and not the "Projects" one, as you pointed out.  If I import the first image and check the numbered stills box, on the Media panel it only shows the one image, but if I go to the Projects panel it shows an entire video imported, not just one frame.  The feature works fine if I only knew what I was looking at.

My bad.

Thanks for stepping in to help, and the issue is resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 7:37 PM   in reply to Spinland

Most important aspect is that you now have the Project working, as you need. Thanks for reporting the fix.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points