Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF "Instant Messaging">

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

New to the Event Gateways portion of Cold Fusion, and am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction.  I'm using CF 8, and want to build a primitive "Instant Messaging" system for users of my website.  First, is this possible?  Second, can anyone point me to reading material on how to "instant message" from one machine to another using CF?

Many Thanks,

Gary

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to define what you mean by "Instant Message" better.

Depending on what you mean, an Event Gateway may be of some use in your solution.

But a much bigger question that has to be answered first is how do you imagine users will receive communications from the server?  Normal HTTP communications do not allow for the server to PUSH data to clients, no matter how they are generated by Event Gateway or not.

If you are thinking of something beyond a normal HTTP connection, such a FLAHS|FLEX|AIR client using AMF or cell phone|text clients using SMS, then it can be possible to push information to the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation