Exit

Cannot install 10.1 release(10.1.53.64) for Firefox and Chrome

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP Profressional SP3

Firefox/3.6.3 and Chrome 5.0.375.70

1. For Firefox. It installed Adobe DLM 1.6.2.63 extention. The DLM download flash player 10.1 and installed it. I was told that the installation was successful. So the Shockwave Flash 10.1.53.64 was shown in the plugin list. But when i browse pages, the flash just dont show.

2. For Chorme. Download the install_flash_player.exe, run it. It told me that installation was successful. But when I brose pages, it shows "Missing Plugin" on the flash block.

I am a developer, and have tried all the RCs, none of them can succefully installed for firefox and chrome on this PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall earlier Flash Player versions before installing 10.1?

What do you have in your %WINDIR%\system32\Macromed\Flash folder?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, As far as I can tell the 10.1 (10.1.53.64) is the RC 7. Now I just became aware late Thursday night that the Final Release of the 10.1 was out today, I mean Thursday. It's 12:07Am where I am. so in my area it is Friday:-)

I have not been able to check if the final release is 10.1.53.64 or not. Have been reading what Adobe put out today and the RC 6 and older needs to be Uninstalled before Installing the final release. So I came to the conclusion that the RC 7 is the final release and if so you already have it. That is most likely the case.

Using Firefox, find the plug-in SWF 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Now with Chrome, I thought they had Flash Player installed with it. Did yours? I'll have to check on that, perhaps it is the beta. Anyway if it didn't, then check in Chrome for the same plug-in you are doing for Firefox.

One thing that may be creating a problem is the DLM, but we'll see about that after you check the add ons.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen shotsnap of my firefox plugin list. As you see, fp10.1 was in the list. But i can't brose any flash content.

ff_fp10.1.jpg

This is a screen shotsnap of my Chrome plugin list.

chromeff.jpg

Chrome built-in flash plugin seems not usefull until you start chrome.exe with a param --enable-internal-flash??? I dont known about this exactly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I see Pat and I posted at the same time, we do that sometimes:-) Pat is the hi-tech helper, so he is worth listening to. I mainly try to take care of the fundamentals. Thanks Pat:-)

Pat is right about checking your Flash folder. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash; right click on the Flash folder and Open and post back all the files listed there. The NPSWF files will need a right click and then click on Properties

to obtain the version numbers.

You didn't say that you ran the Adobe Uninstaller before Installing the 10.1, but that should have been done.

Also run that test site that Pat linked to in his post to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test just now:

1. Close all my browsers and IM softwares.

2. Uninstall DLM in Windows Control Panel.

3. Run uninstall_flash_player.exe(231,888Byte, version:10.1.53.64), I confirmed that there is not flash player in the Software List.

Here is a snapshot of system32\macromed\Flash folds.

1_after_unintall.JPG

4. Open IE, goto http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to install DLM

5. DLM download fp10.1, and install fp10.1 activeX succefuly.

2_DLM_ie_install.JPG

6. Close DLM, IE redirect to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/dlm/ automaticlly, and I see the flash animation.

7. Close IE, Open Firefox, goto http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

8. DLM start up, download fp10.1, and install fp10.1 successfully.

3_DLM_ff_intall.JPG

9. Close DLM, FF redirect to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/dlm/ automaticlly, and I can not see the flash!

10. Restart FF, still can not see the flash. And Shockwave Flash 10.1.53.64 is in plugin list of FF.

11. Open Chrome, goto http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/dlm/, a "Missing Plug-in" was shown.

And a snapshot of Flash folder now:

4_after_install.JPG

Flash10h.ocx version:

5_flash_ocx_version.JPG

NPSWF32.dll version:

6_flash_npswf_version.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I reviewed your snapshots, and thank you for those. I read your Uninstall and Install  directions that you followed.

I don't know exactly what happened or how, but there is one Flash file missing for Firefox. You should have a NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe. Firefox uses this and so does Chrome. That is  why you could not see Flash with either of those browsers. Even tho the Shockwave Flash was installed in the add ons, that file that is missing is the problem.

I can see that the DLM downloaded the FF files, but something happened and that one file was not Installed.

All of your Internet Explorer Flash Player files are correct, including the Shockwave Flash Object.

I don't know what to do at this point other than Uninstalling. Unless you want to use the DLM, there is an Installer for IE that you download to your Desktop and run from there. There is also an Installer for FF that you use the same way.

You would download the Flash Player Uninstaller to your Desktop, run it and then run the IE and FF Installers.

Think about if you want to do that. In the meantime, I'll check with another helper here to see if they have an easier way.

All I know is that missing file needs to be Installed some way.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems with Flash on IE8 & on Chrome.  I was going along fine, & w/in the last hour it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems with Flash on IE8 & on Chrome.  I was going along on Facebook just fine, & w/in the last hour it stopped working on both browsers.  (about 12am cst)  I do not understand all this information given, I have uninstalled & reinstalled about six times tonite.  Nothing works.  Please help my in computer idiot language, I didn't think I was this stupid, but your answers (and the other posts on this discussion) have just confused me more than ever.   Thanks, dewolf99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my experience as described in THIS THREAD-- http://forums.adobe.com/message/2889567#2889567 --I'd suggest that both of these users avoid DLM altogether, and install using downloaded standalone installation files.  Maybe eidnolb can furnish links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!! Thanks for your input here. I am just checking the threads this morning that I have been working on. Certainly your thread will be very helpful.

Thanks for helping out, muchas gracias:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For dewolf99:

Hi dewolf99, Since this thread is somewhat involved, I would ask you to start a thread (start a discussion). Pick any subject line you like. That way your problems will be addressed, otherwise it will be too confusing for you and others to be on one thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines