Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Catalyst closes the second my project opens

Jun 14, 2010 9:22 AM

I worked on this project a few weeks ago.  Due to an installation conflict, I had to uninstall everything CS5 and in starting over, I installed the Master Collection (before I was using Catalyst from the Design Premium).  I am now trying to open a project I started 2-3 weeks ago and as soon as the project opens in Catalyst, it immediately closes the entire program.  When I reopen Catalyst, there is no sign of having opened  this project in the Recent Projects list .. in fact, the list is cleaned out. 

Any thoughts as to what is going on here?  The project uses artwork made in Photoshop and in the main stage, imports swfs.

Thanks,

Nancy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2010 9:37 AM   in reply to Nancy Gill

Could you look up your Catalyst runtime logs and attach them to a post? (Info on how to find your logs here).

If you cannot attach files to a post (sometimes the option is down), PM me for my email address and you can send them there.

Could you also describe how you originally created your project? What kind of content did it have, what kind of artwork did you import, etc.

-Bear

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 4:12 PM   in reply to Nancy Gill

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for looking up the log file. Something strange is definitely going on. Are you able to create / save / open a new project? If the problem is with this particular file, could you upload it to a site like google docs or adobe.com and PM me the link? If you are having trouble with the creation of projects in general, we'll need to take a more thorough look at your Catalyst install.

-Bear

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 5:15 PM   in reply to Nancy Gill

Hey Nancy,

Anytime a swf is imported into Catalyst containing AS2 content there is potential to run into these problems.

We try to support swf files to the best of our ability, but all the standard problems of executing external code apply when loading a swf into catalyst.

It may contain/make programmatic assumptions about its runtime which can cause Catalyst to crash or behave incorrectly.

I'd love for you to send me the swf you're using in your project, to investigate what might be happening on our end.

Knowing what kind of swf content our users are importing will help us when designing/and improving around the swf import experience in the future.

My email address is tarfeene (at) adobe (dot) com.

Thanks for posting!

Tara

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 5:32 PM   in reply to Nancy Gill

Hey Nancy!

No problem.

If you could send the AS2 swf file which is causing the grief (your suspision about the menubar component is probably right), I'd really appreciate it.

I'm really glad to see you're not giving up, and continue to give us feedback on how the workflow works for you.

It sounds like you're an avid flash user and it's really nice to hear your perspective.

Thanks,

Tara

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points