Skip navigation
FIHE
Currently Being Moderated

Documents Print with Blurry Text in Acrobat Pro 9

Jun 15, 2010 8:51 AM

I'm running Acrobat Professional 9 on a Windows XP machine.  I recently upgraded to version 9 from version 7.  When I print files in color in version 9, the documents come out with bold-faced font and the text is a little blurry.  The document prints fine in grayscale.  I printed to the same printer from a different computer, using version 7, and the document prints correctly in color.  What can be causing this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2011 2:00 PM   in reply to FIHE

sucks that no one has ever answered your question or given advise.

this is the closest related problem i could find while searching online for mine.

Im having about the same problems, but without Acrobat pro 9: one of my users (using acrobat pro 7) is all-of-a-sudden having problems where certain PDFs are printing horribly blurry while some are just fine. Whenever she runs into a PDF that does print blurry she sends it to another person in her department and their able to print it out on the same network printer just fine/chrystal clear.These same PDFs that are not printing good for her, some are scans and some are text.

Our problems look a little similar and It'd be nice to get any kind of pointers on what it may be.

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2011 3:21 PM   in reply to FIHE

Good day FIHE and blazedanblazin,

Could you check a few things and answer back on this thread?

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Have you updated to the most current printer driver?
    • Are these printers networked?
    • Do you have any local printers?  If so, do they print properly?
    • Could you check to see how the PDF files you're having difficulty printing were made? (File > Document Properties - What does the PDF Producer line state)
    • If you print these documents to the Adobe PDF printer to, in essence, 'refry' the PDF file, does the resulting PDF appear blurry?  If you print that file, does it too print blurry?
    • Do any of your files print properly in color or do all of them exhibit this behavior?
    • Have you updated Acrobat to 9.4.4?
    • Does the problem persist after updating to 9.4.4?

Based on your answers, I might be able to shed some light as to what's happening on your individual systems.

Kind regards,

David
    Acrobat Community Manager
    Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2011 6:27 AM   in reply to David Kastendick

Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot of other pressing matters to attend to, but here are the answers in the order asked.

- Regularly used printers are HP Color Laserjet CP1215 at her desk, Sharp MX-4501N wich all of her department uses, and any other printer/copier in our building she wants tp print from (MX).

- The drivers on most printers around the office are up-to-date, her HP at her desk is, and all network printers are hosted by a server so everyone uses the same drivers and out of about 100 others that use them, she's the only one with this issue.

- Yes, except for her HP at her desk

- Yes and Yes

- I checked that line, "PDF Producer", and nothing was stated there, it was just blank

- Yes the resulting PDF appears blurry on screen as it would if we would have just printed before, and of course printing that document produces the same blurs you see in the newly re-freied PDF

- Yes, files with color print correctly, and it's only with PDFs anything else is fine. She can actually give those PDFs that print blurry to others in her department and they print them out just fine and as clear as they appear on screen.

- as far as updating from Acorobat pro 7 to 9.4.4 or any other major version, from my understanding, that would cost us the price of another purchase and in that case, it's out of the question. Not to mention, I've heard that Adobe is still going to be supporting Acobat pro 7 for another year or so before dropping it. After support is dropped for it, then we can convence managers to update or expect unfixable problems to occur.

Thanks for your help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2011 7:35 PM   in reply to blazedanblazin

... I've heard that Adobe is still going to be supporting Acobat pro 7 for another year or so before dropping it.

"End of Life" for Acrobat 7.x arrived some 15 months ago.
    See: http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/eol/eol_matrix.html#8 6

The "special consideration" grace period ended some 13 months ago.
    See: http://blogs.adobe.com/adobereader/2009/12/adobe_reader_and_acrobat_ve rsi.html

You may want to engage in the process of funding and executing the purchase of licenses for a supported release of Acrobat.

Be well...

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 11:19 AM   in reply to CtDave

Well then that is a problem.

I got that info from an Adobe tech around December or January, somewhere in there, while he was troublshooting an Acrobat Pro 7 install for me.

These problems she's having will probably prove quite useful in getting their department to upgrade, but if itdoesn't; do you have any other ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points